VIII ~ A Deep Conversation During The Return

Oh my gosh, we've reached this point. This chapter. This chapter right here. 

Just 1,000 words of roadtrip travel.

Well. More than 1,000. But still.

More like 3 times 1,000. But still.

I really like the quote above.

Time to do what all my favorite shows are doing right now and have all the characters break open and pour out all their inner turmoil.

Well, May is Mental Health Awareness Month (when I'm writing this and all my favorite shows are coming out).

Well ... we'll just see how this goes.

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------

Sean and Antonio spend the night in their current hotel room--the drive back to Campania is a full day trip, and is going to take awhile.

Antonio falls asleep with a smile on his face.

Sean can't sleep at all.

How does he tell Antonio that tomorrow is his last full day in Italy?

He was able to cancel his flight that would have left before the Milano Pride Parade. But the only flight to Brooklyn with open seats in the next two weeks is July 4th, and that's two days from now. It's a flight that leaves at 11:00 am. And ... Sean bought a ticket for a seat on that plane.

The thing is, he's conflicted.

Very conflicted.

He was only supposed to stay here a week. See the sights, eat pizza and pasta, drink authentic coffee, maybe meet other tourists, practice Italian.

He was not planning on this.

He was not planning on meeting someone like Antonio.

He was not planning on spending most of his vacation following Antonio around, seeing Italy the way Antonio sees it. Wasn't planning on the Amalfi Coast, Herculaneum, Milano Pride.

He was not planning on falling for Antonio.

However, he finds that he wouldn't want it any other way. He wouldn't change a single thing that happened this week.

Still, their time together is coming to an end, and he's not sure how he feels about that.

There's nothing productive about thinking about everything right now, Sean reasons. I need sleep.

And so, gradually, eventually, he falls asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Buongiorno, sleepyhead."

Sean groans.

"Yeah, I don't wanna be awake either, but I kinda stole a guy's expensive gold watch and we need to go before the catch us."

"WHAT?!" Sean sits up immediately.

Antonio grins. "I'm glad that worked."

"Why, you-"

"Ah, ah, ah." Antonio covers Sean's mouth before Sean can curse Antonio out. "I said it worked, right?"

Sean rolls his eyes.

Antonio removes his hand and gets up. "But really, we do need to go."

Sean sighs. "I know."