Missile (3)

(Y/N) POV

"25 grand, it pays for the house and my college." Tessa and Lucas walk back into the barn after Cade and I who want to work on the truck.

"Besides, you used (Y/N)'a money for the truck, so technically it's their truck. Don't you think?" Lucas makes a stupid point.

"We also signed a contract regarding all research lab I.P." I look at Lucas.

"Research lab? Come on dude."

"They have a point. You signed it but now you want to compete. Any idea of yours is mine. Any thought you have, I own it. So basically, I own you." Lucas backs up as Cade approaches him.

"I don't think you can own someone." Lucas look confused as hell and it's almost funny. "That was like a while ago, even in Texas."

"Alright, bring the torch over and help me with the pulley arm." Cade slings on an apron and grabs a welding helmet while I grab the welding equipment. Cade bangs a hammer against the truck to prove to Tessa she won't get hurt, but she still hides in the house.

We are going through some stuff with Lucas holding the pulley arm and me looking through the engine. I look up to Cade holding a missile which instantly goes off and flies around, hitting stuff before leaving the barn.

"Dad! There's a missile in the family room."

"Holy." I say just as cogs begin to turn in front of us. Sparks fly as the truck transforms with a groan.

"I'll kill you!" It says.

I fall to the ground to avoid being hit. I get back up as he tries to reach for something on his back. He seems pretty banged up. Tessa runs in and screams. The transformer holds us at gunpoint and we slowly raise our hands. Lucas tries to run out of the way but he gets hit in the head with the barrel of the weapon.

"Easy, human."

"He's not gonna hurt us." I say, looking back at Cade and Tessa.

"Weapons systems damaged."

"A missile hit your engine. And we took it out of you. You're hurt really bad. I'm just trying to help you. You're in my home now, I'm an engineer. My name is Cade Yeager."

"Cade, I am in your debt. My name is Optimus Prime." He's leaning on the beams for support, he's in bad shape. "My Autobots. They're in danger."

He falls to the ground the moment he tries to move. A piece of his helm falls and I lean down to pick it up. He grabs his head as he says that he needs to go. To save his bots.

"How far do you think you're gonna get?" I ask. When he doesn't answer, Cade asks a question.

"What happened to you?"

"An ambush. A trap. Set by humans. I escaped and took this form."

"But you're on our side. Why would humans hurt you?" Tessa asks.

"They we're not alone. My Autobots can repair me."

"Yeah. If you can reach them." I look to Cade and he nods. "What about us?"

We examine Optimus and write down a list of what we'll need before giving it to Lucas to go and buy. We use what Cade has in his barn to start what repairs we can.

"Cade, (Y/N), why are you willing to help me?" He looks at us, as if he hasn't felt affection or sympathy before.

"I guess because you trust us to." I say, starting some of the repairs.

About two hours pass, Lucas rocks up and gives us the stuff. We begin working with the stuff.