The New Look (6)

(Y/N) POV

The drive is silent. None of us want to say anything. (Y/N) sat in the middle while Tessa sat in Shane's lap. An hour of driving had passed, when Optimus pulled up to an abandoned gas station. Everyone got out.

Optimus transforms. "My deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend. Stay here till I'm sure we weren't followed. We are all targets now." His last words hit pretty hard as he transforms once again and drives away.

"So we're hiding out now? That's the plan? We're taking orders from a truck?" Shane is questioning us.

"You got a better plan?" I say, walking past him.

I sat inside. The others were talking about Tessa's and Shane's relationship. It goes on for a while and soon it reaches nightfall. Cade shows me a drone he found. He wants to break it down and look at the footage. After a while I head to sleep in a chair. I wake up to the sunlight.

"Grab whatever supplies you can. Clothes, anything. And take that computer." Cade says from across the room.

Optimus should be back soon, so we are getting ready to go. When he arrives, we get the stuff together and put it in the cab. We drive for a bit to get to the hole in the rock gas station. I help Cade to set up his drone system and we sit to watch it on the computer as he controls it.

"You know you don't suck at everything dad."

The card is declined and cop cars begin to roll in. We watch as a heap of people are forced against their cars. We pack up the stuff and head out onto the highway.

"Calling all Autobots. Calling all Autobots." This played a few times through the radio.

We pass a flash white truck. A beam flies out of the bonnet of Optimus and the cogs around us hiss and spark. All around us, the cab turns from torn down seats to black leather.

"Holy shit." I say laughing.

Transformers are all around us. A large bright green one is there when we get out of the cab. Another blue one is there. An army green on the mountain and a black and yellow approaching us. Optimus transforms. His look is a lot better than before.

"Humans have asked us to play by their rules. Well the rules have just changed." Optimus says.

"Human beings, bunch of backstabbing weasels." The army green one has come down, dropping weapons.

"Hound, find your inner compass. Loyalty is but a flower in the winds of fear and temptation. It's a haiku." The blue bot speaks.

"Cut the crab before I drop a grenade down your throat." The army green one grabs hold of him but he pulls out two blades and holds them to his neck.

"Well raise your hand if you're thoroughly disenchanted with our little pleasant Earth vacation. So, who's the stowaways." The bright green one holds a gun to us.

"Stop hound both of you! They've risked their lives for mine we owe them." Optimus says.

We head to another location not far. It's behind a rock wall. I set up a fire and we sit around it as night falls.

"Hey speed racer, your welcome to leave any time." Cade says, looking at Shane.

"We'll for the record, Superdad, I'm not hanging out with you. I'm hanging out with that big guy there."

"He's like a child."

We turn our heads to see the one they call Bumblebee getting up. "This child is about to kick your ass."

We get up and move as he and Drift begin to fight. "What's the matter with them?" Tessa asks.

"Yes! I've been waiting for them to all dispatch each other, so I can take charge with no trouble at all. Just me, reporting to me." He spins a gun in his hand.

"Autobots. Lockdown is hunting us and humans are helping. We need to know why."

"Not sure about why, but I think I have an idea of who." Cade says.

Drift transforms into a car and I help Cade set up the projection stuff with the videos from the drone.

"KSI. Kinetic Solutions. Defence. Aerospace. Government contracts. They designed this drone." Cade says, looking at the drone.

"The company is headquartered in Chicago, that could be where they were taken." I say. Getting out of the passenger seat. "What if you had some human help?"

"What are you partners now?" Tessa look at Cade and I.

"Sweetheart we're targets now too. We need to know why or we'll never get our lives back." Cade looks between her and the bots.

"Autobots, I have sworn to never kill humans. But when I find out who's behind this, they're going to die."