Chapter 4 : Cold but Caring

.

Y/N slowly opened her vibrant E/C (Eye/Color) eyes, blinking a few times to adjust her vision. So dark... She thought as she looked around the dimly lit cave. It had a gentle warm light coming from the fireplace.

As Y/N slowly sat up, she could feel the stinging in her abdominal area, but it wasn't nearly as bad as before. Just then, the fabric over her slid down and she felt the cold breeze on her neck. She quickly grabbed the fabric, pulling it up over her neck and holding it in place. So cold!

Just then she noticed the mismatched Haori that the fabric belonged to. Mismatched Haori... This has to be...!

As if to answer her call, a man appeared out of nowhere, entering the cave. She looked up to see his face and just as she thought, it was none other than the Water Hashira, Tomioka Giyuu.

"Are you awake?" he asked looking down at her. Y/N paused for a moment and almost burst out laughing as she thought of saying I don't know, am I? But she decided not to. "Yes, I'm awake" she replied politely.

Giyuu nodded then pointed towards her abdomen and asked "your injury, does it feel better now?" to which she looked down at her abdomen and then nodded, "a lot better". "Good" he replied as he walked deeper into the cave.

I can't just leave them here. I have to think of a safe place to take them to. Giyuu thought as started putting out the fire.

Just then, Y/N noticed that Giyuu's uniform was torn in a few places and had some blood over it. Did he just get back from fighting a demon?

"A lot of them roam around here through the night." Giyuu said as if he read her thoughts.

She noticed the signs of tiredness on his eyes. Wait so... has he been guarding us the ENTIRE night?

Y/N could feel her face warm up a bit at the thought. Instead of resting, he guarded us the entire night. He really is such a good person...

Y/N looked away, a slight blush on her face which went unnoticed by Giyuu.

"We have to move quickly before the night dawns on us again. I don't have much time left on this mission." Giyuu spoke up in a calm voice as he finally put out the fire.

"But... where are we going to go?" Y/N asked, looking down at her sleeping brother. Giyuu looked at her in confusion. "What do mean, where? I'll take you back home. Just lead the way" he said as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

Then, it dawned on Y/N. That's true. Obviously he would take us back home. But, we aren't from this world. We don't have a home here or anyone we're friendly enough with to let us stay at their house. Tanjiro is the only person I've met here, but his house was attacked by a demon so it isn't safe anymore. Plus he should already have reached Sakonji's house by now.

Y/N panicked. She could'nt exactly tell Giyuu that she was from another world. That sounded ridiculous. It would be suspicious if she told him she didn't have any relatives or anyone to turn to. So, in a few minutes she came up with a plan.

"It seems I've lost my memory... I can't remember anything before the attack." she whispered softly, as she helplessly looked at Giyuu. A little white lie can't hurt.