CHP 5: firsts

random note: this story is really flopping. not giving up tho haha
-----------------------------------------------------------

SIDE TASK:

Defeat Dvalin. (First round)

Reward: 1000 coins
Failure: Death.
-----------------------------------------------------------

...well I dont know if this is a good idea anymore.. Failure: Death.
Well im with the protagonist, I could never die if im by their side.

Soon, Dvalin appeared. The dragon was facing the front, it looked like it was running from me and traveler. "Let the wind guide you." Venti. We suddenly were able to fly in the wind, and the traveler could also attack Dvalin using a shooter. Not sure what it is so I'll just call it that, I've seen what its like in the game anyway.

"Aim at the dragon, and make sure to dodge its attacks. I'll help you." I said to the traveler, they nodded in response. Traveler began shooting at Dvalin, Dvalin's screeches were so annoying. I covered my ears with my hands in an attempt to block the noise. When the shooting stopped, I knew that that was when Dvalin would attack us back. The strategy is to go left first, then right. You don't have to see the attacks for this fight, just move.

"Go left." I said as loud as I can. Traveler moved to the left, and so did I. Dvalin's anemo attacks went to our right, which we avoided as we were in the left. "Go right." We moved to the right. Dvalin attacked left. This repeated for a good 5 minutes and after, traveler could aim at Dvalin again.

Shoot.

Dodge.

Shoot

Dodge.

Just like the game, nothing changed in this fight with Dvalin.

SCREECH ouch. Dvalin speeds off, leaving our field of sight, which also made the wind stronger. Traveler and I turned away as the wind was blowing right at us.

-----------------------------------------------------------
SIDE TASK COMPLETED.

Reward: 1000 coins.
-----------------------------------------------------------

1000 coins... I should spend them sometime.
---

"Traveler! Outlander! Are you both okay?" Amber said, rushing towards us, Paimon was already there next to Traveler. I nodded, indicating that I was okay, better than okay actually. I can't believe I was able to see this happen right infront of my eyes instead of on some screen.

"Are you a new ally... Or a new storm?" Hoooly shit. I know that voice. Kaeya. All of us look up at Kaeya.

"Kaeya!! What happened to Mond? Are we being attacked? Stormterror?" Amber said the moment she heard Kaeya.

"Wait. You forgot to introduce me to these new people." Kaeya said with a smug tone.

"Oh! Right! Paimon, Traveler, Outlander, this is Kaeya. The Cavalry Captain." Amber said, facing us. Kaeya waved a little, Paimon waved back while traveler and I gave a respectful stare (??)

"And Kaeya, they are travelers, theyre not from Mond!" Amber said.
Amber then explained how traveler arrived at Teyvat, and the story of losing their sibling. "I know how it feels to lose a loved one. I assure you that you'll be able to find your sibling again." Kaeya gave a pitiful look.

"And also, welcome to Mondstadt. Not a very nice time to arrive," Kaeya chuckled softly, "The KOF wants to thank you for helping us."

Traveler put their hands on their hip and gave a So-Wheres-My-Prize look. I giggled a bit. "We'll bring you to the office!" Amber said, with Kaeya agreeing.

"I'll explore around. I'll catch up with you guys soon, it won't be long." I said, remembering that I had to look for the chests in Mond for a nice weapon. The others nodded, and Paimon waved goodbye to me while they walked off.

-----------------------------------------------------------
SIDE TASK:

Find a weapon to defend yourself in the future.

Reward: 500 coins.
Failure: Destroyed fate.
-----------------------------------------------------------