Folly

This entire story hinges on this chapter, and I'm excited to post it. Warnings: Some violence, sexual situations. No animals were harmed in the writing of these scenes.

Vane grabbed Draco's hand and tugged him toward the bed

Vane grabbed Draco's hand and tugged him toward the bed. "Quick," she breathed.

"What, now? Are you daft?" Draco snapped. Being in Gryffindor Tower made him tetchy. He couldn't believe he was doing this. "It's two in the afternoon. Anyone could walk in."

She pressed against him, slipping the broomstick from his hand. "My roommate's at the library."

Draco snorted at such an obvious falsehood. Even if her roommate was studying on this beautiful Sunday afternoon—which he didn't believe for a minute—inevitably she'd return for a scroll or textbook or lipstick at the worst possible time. He said as much to Vane, who was beginning their usual regimen by pushing down his Quidditch leathers.

"She won't return," Vane said with complete conviction. "She'll be gone for hours." She began sinking to her knees, then changed her mind and towed him toward the bed again.

"Come on, Draco, we can ..." She switched direction and yanked him the other way. Her smile was very Slytherin. "Here's the bed."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Isn't it nice?" Vane pulled off her jumper and stretched out on the red coverlet, her hair glossy black against a golden pillow. It was a nice bed, Draco had to admit, edging closer. The coverings were exquisitely fluffed and smoothed with a light, flowery scent that was rather irresistible. This Gryffindor was a surprise sometimes. Perhaps a quick ...

"You've captured me," Vane said breathily.

Draco froze in the act of shedding his jersey. Fuck, she thinks she's in love. He'd hoped Vane was too invested in her own idiot-on-a-stick for that to happen. This could be a disaster; she would get obsessed and try to save him from his evil ways and the breakup would be hell on wheels ...

"I'm your prisoner," the witch said.

He frowned. This seemed a bit poetic for Vane. The tone was off as well, a little too dark and excited and ...

Vane raised her arms over her head and clasped them. "I won't tell you anything!"

Draco blessed his Slytherin training, or surely he would have been gaping at the girl in horror. "What the fuck, Vane?"

"I've heard the stories," Vane said, looking at his left arm. Draco resisted the urge to clap his hand over the snake-and-skull brand.

"About Malfoy Manor," she continued eagerly, "about the—"

"STOP!" Draco shouted. This couldn't be happening. This cute little Gryffindor couldn't be asking him to don his Death Eater persona and pretend to seize her and rape her. His blood ran cold at the very idea. His nightmares were bad enough already.