2. There is no truth

You've been cursed. That's what you can say. There's a reason Mahito is beside you. He never lied. So if he says he's your curse, you won't object.

Your meeting him was literally accidental. You were at school as always. Walking sad noon to lessons. You lasted three years there, so you can do one more. If you graduate from this school, you'll be fine. You'll just go straight ahead. Plus, you're 17. You're almost an adult. You can be independent.

But no one will tell you that.

They will lie.

_______

You saw a man walking by the side of the road. Like no one else in this school. In addition, his strange appearance. Clothes, hair, as well as stitches on the skin. And he wasn't in uniform yet. He paid no attention to his surroundings. He just walked and nothing else.

Until suddenly you bumped into him in an empty corridor. You didn't know him, and you hadn't even seen him at your school before. New student? Or maybe a teacher. Or any other employee. But he seemed too young for such a function.

Fastest, you recognized him as an apprentice. But being less talkative and less friendly to people, you just wanted to pass him by. And so you did. But his eyes followed you. You felt him doing it.

And he watched curiously. He's seen a lot of people in this place already. Including you. He felt something new. He sensed that he would enjoy this school.

Lots of people, few know each other well. And this will not prevent him from having fun and experimenting. It's just a few or a dozen human lives. Nothing more.

And when he was looking for victim number 1, he had already bumped into her by chance. Ignorance, lies. What people are. And there were enough of them.

Didn't know you were alike. Human energy didn't tell him that. But the soul does.

Trembling, small and sad. That was your soul to him. Like unhappy. He felt the urge to try.

The body could be enlarged. But could he also do that with the soul? Make it bigger and colder than it is now. Kill hope and faith. To become a dead soul. Just like his. To have no sympathy for people. Just to get their lies out of the world.

And he's already done it with you. He made you not want to be with people. You've had enough of them. But your pain began to hurt him as well.

He never lied when he meant well for you. Because he meant well.

Even if he kills you, you stand with him.

_____

"Do you know there's a chance your father might lock you up in a mental institution after something like that?" he asked sitting next to you on the bench outside the school. The lunch break you hated so much.

"It's hard to say. They can lock me up." you replied lazily fiddling with your water bottle.

"Then I'll get you out." He chuckled grabbing your arms and hugged you quickly.

"Well, I hope. I'm not helping your ass so you don't help me too!" You slapped his bare shoulder lightly.

"Don't hit me!" he said, rubbing his arm lightly.

"I thought you didn't feel pain when I didn't touch your soul." you laughed.

"I know. But you still beat me."

"Come on, big baby. Can I get you a lollipop?" you said.

"I know you're kidding." He said pinching your cheek.

You blushed slightly and pulled away, rubbing your skin.

"What is? Something wrong?" he asked smiling as he reached to your side to try to tickle you.