9. I want to see you again

A tiny crystal.

The smallest soul he has ever seen. Even the baby had a bigger one. And this... This is so tiny. As if it wasn't a soul at all.

Is that really the only thing left of you?

For a month he was comforted by a very small crystal. Almost a scrap of your soul.

He only managed to keep that. Nothing more. Only that is left of you. And he wished he could only hold a very tiny piece.

He always preferred to keep the bigger crystal. The one you had before. Your whole soul. Even though he only carried half of it.

Because you had him in you too. Half of your soul and the other half of him. Even though he had almost all his soul anyway. He didn't give you much.

And now he was wondering if if he had given you more, he could have protected you more. Or rather, could he leave you on that day to know that you are able to cope on your own...

No...

If he gave you more of his soul, you would be more like him. Even more than you were then. That would be an exaggeration.

You wouldn't be human even more. They'd find you sooner. Much faster. You would not be a complete curse anymore. Neither do you know how to use your energy. Therefore, you could not hide the fact that you are something other than human.

It was bad.

If he had done something else, it would still be bad.

And if there was anything else, it would be even worse.

For a month he stared at the tiny purple crystal. It was an asymmetrical ball. It had sharper parts in some places.

Now, in a completely different city, what is he to do?

That's something he has to do with others. They have to make their whole plan work.

A world just for curses would be better for you than a human world.

Curses do not attack each other. Unless they have a reason. And he would protect you. Then he would always protect you.

There would be no way anyone would exorcise him. Not with the sorcerers gone. He will be the one who is stronger. He will show that he can protect you.

Or at least he would like to show it to you. He would like so much to let your soul out. Make any body form around your soul. He just doesn't know how to do it now.

You are connected together. Your connection is permanent. There is no separate soul. This is your soul.

You have a common body. Two souls merged into one.

Your soul is the center of his soul.

The fragment in his hand is just a crystal. The crystal your soul has always been in. Now he looks at this piece, knowing that it still has separate remnants of you. Maybe even one percent of your soul. It's very little.

He had to absorb your soul into himself so that you could live steadily in him. Lest it happen that with your connection this weaker soul will perish. In this case, it was you. You were the weaker soul. So he had to make your levels even a little bit. It worked. But for the price. Now his last hope of seeing you again is death, or the merger of a tiny ball with another body. However, it may be far too little of your soul for anything to happen.

As he walked quietly down the corridor, he just wondered what he could do.

Suddenly he stopped.

A smile appeared on his stitched face.