Chapter 2: Always and forever part 2.

"Are you gonna continue following me, Elijah...or do you want to talk?" she asked him, he looked to her impressed.

"You know who I am." Said Elijah.

"Original vampire, always wears a suit. You and your family are famous among the witches. Especially with your brother back in town." Said the woman.

"Well, Niklaus is here because he learned that a witch was conspiring against him. Someone by the name of Jane-Anne Deveraux." Said Elijah.

"Well, if he's looking for Jane-Anne, he's a little late." She told him nodding no smile on her face this time.

"Are you telling me she's dead?" Said Elijah.

She sighed then nod. "Come on. Her sister Sophie is gonna wanna talk to you. Especially about the Miller girl." 

He looked to her at that last sentence. But followed her to where a bunch of people, men and woman gathered around a body.

"That's Jane-Anne?" He asked her and Sabine nod.

"Killed in public for anyone to find. Only people come around here are the witches. Now her sister has come to take her body. Her spirit can't rest until it's been properly interred in the cemetery." Sabine told him and he looks to her.

"Please tell me that my brother had nothing to do with this." Said Elijah.

"No. Jane Anne died because she got caught doing magic."

"What do you mean she got caught doing magic?" He asked, it's natural for a witch to do magic.

Then he heard somebody doing a whistle.

"You want to know who killed Jane-Anne? You're about to get your first glimpse of Marcel in action." Said Sabine looking nervous.

"The vampire Marcel?" He asked shock, he thought he was dead. But not so much as they had all thought.

"Things have changed since your family left town. and Marcel has changed." She told him and he watch as vampires showed up, circling the witches and Jane-Anne's body.

"I'm just asking you, stay hidden. If Marcel finds out that a witch lured the Originals back into town, my people will be slaughtered." She told him.

"Especially the Miller-Mullins girl. She's half witch and half vampire. For her." Sabine told him, and he hid up in a building watching from afar using his vampire hearing to hear the conversation.

"Well, well, well. What have we here? I got to tell you, Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight. Not half an hour ago, we had to teach your sister a little lesson." Said Marcel.

"We're putting her to rest, Marcel. Leave us alone." Said Sophie Deveraux.

"I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason. To send a message. If anyone is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the quarter and yet a little birdie informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh, yeah, while I have you quick Q and A. My old friend, the hybrid, Klaus, he just happened to show up out of the blue. Asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?" Said Marcel.

Elijah didn't like this but he was curious about this now.

"I don't know. Witches don't get involved with vampire business." Said Sophie.

"That would be pretty stupid...that'd for sure. Tell you what. Go back to the restaurant. Cook up some of that famous gumbo. Keep those tourists happy." he told Sophie.

Then he look to two vampires behind them and they took Jane-Anne's body.

"Also if anyone has seen or heard of the girl name Miller, tell her I would love to see her. Especially since I have some info that she would be interest in." Said Marcel.

Now he was curious about the girl.

He called his sister, Rebekah.

"You mean to tell me after all these years that Marcel is alive and well?" Asked Rebekeah.

"Quite. Our brother seems to have wandered into a war zone, and I haven't been able to find him. Marcel, who Klaus sired and bought up beneath his own wing, now rules a menagerie of savage vampires running wild, killing in public for any human to come upon. Witches are held in subjugation. I doubt Niklaus had any idea what he was walking into." Elijah told her.

"Sorry, what was that? I stopped paying attention at our brother." Said Rebekeah.

"Rebekeah." Said Elijah.

"Our hateful, traitorous bastard of a brother, who's negated any sympathy I once had for him by his repeated efforts to ensure neither you nor I know happiness outside of his own selfish universe." Said Rebekeah.

"Always and forever, Rebekeah. That is what we once swore to each other." He reminded her.

"Consider this me calling take-backs" 

"Oh, you've called take-backs of times over the centuries. And yet when our father found us and chased us from this very city-" He tried to explain it to her.

"I may be old, Elijah but I'm hardly senile. I know very well I stuck with Klaus. And not three years later he stuck a sliver dagger in my chest and sent me into a magical coma for 90 years. Do you know why? Because I had the audacity to try and live my life on my own without him." Rebekah ranted at him.

"No. I believe our brother is in trouble. So whatever is going on between Marcel and the witches, it's dire enough that they'd risk bringing an Original to town. The witches lured him here and I'd like to know why." He said and then he sighed.

"Elijah, what is it?" 

"There is a girl in this town that people have been talking about." He said.

"Elijah, did you forget what happened the last time you fell in love with a mortal? She disappeared."

"It isn't Sky, but I believe it's her daughter. They say she's half witch and half vampire. I believe this child is mine, not unless Sky had been with a different vampire at the time. I need to meet her to be sure. Even if she isn't my child. I will protect her." he told her and end the call before she tried to talk him out of it as well. 

Now he needs to find Sophie and get Niklaus and the child's location.