Final Oneshot

Requested by @popsicles

Title: Photograph

Note: this is a 9k special i hope u enjoy. please read in dark mode. thank u.

~Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes.~

This was it. This was the moment I'd been waiting for my entire life. Though, now that it was finally here- about to smack me right in the face- I wasn't sure if I was ready or just nervous, the feeling of butterflies throughout my body having all the same meaning.

"Hi, hun." my mom hummed as she stepped into my room, where I was finishing taping the last of my boxes shut. I smiled (grimaced) and picked up the brown cube, blowing some hair out of my face as I walked past her and over to the door, setting it down. "Are you okay?" I sucked my lips into my mouth and nodded, though I was obviously feeling the exact opposite, the tears evidently already welling up in my eyes.

"Mommy." I whispered as she sadly clucked her tongue and opened her arms. I threw myself into them and began immediately crying, the sounds of my sobs echoing around the room. "Mom, I don't want to go. I want to stay here with you just for a while longer. I can't do this without you." my mom shook her head and pulled back, wiping my tears gently as she stared into my eyes.

"Baby, I know. I want you to stay here just as much as you want to. You don't think I'd lock you in here and keep you with me for as long as I could? I'd love nothing more than to do that, but we both know I can't. You can't. Your whole life you've listened to me yap on and on about things you need to know and how to be smart, and now we get to see how well you listened and what you know. Baby, you're so smart- you're the smartest teenager I know and that means that you are going to be just fine, okay? I know it's scary because you're doing this by yourself for the first time in your life, but I promise that you're going to be okay. You're going to forget about me as soon as you make a friend- do not lie to me- and then it's going to flow like second nature. It's scary because I'm not going with you, but I'll always be here if you need me. I'm always just a call or a text away, okay? If you ever genuinely feel like you can't do it, call me and I'll go get you immediately, okay? I never want you in a situation like that- where you feel so helpless the only thing you can do is call me, but give it a try first. You forget that I know you, right? You're my daughter and I raised you, so I can tell you right now that you are going to be okay with or without me. Got it?" I wiped my tears and nodded as my mom leaned forward to press a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you, mom." we drew forward into another hug and she played with a piece of my hair as she smiled at me.

"I love you too, my sweet little girl. Okay, enough tears. I'm going to take these last boxes down to the lobby and the men waiting downstairs and then I'm going to go downtown to pick up your favorite and do some other things. Have fun with your friends and make some lasting memories before you leave, okay? I love you." she walked out of my room and closed the door behind her as I sighed and made my way over to my mattress that was now bare. I sat down and pulled out my phone, smiling down at the texts I'd just opened.

(y/n) | 4:43 p.m.
hey, y'all come over.

read 4:43 p.m.

~But it's the only thing that I know.~

"Oh, hey, guys. I didn't expect you here so early." I quickly wiped my tears and opened the window, letting the guys into my near-empty room. All that was left was the box spring, a plain mattress, a bedside nightstand- empty- and my also-blank desk pushed against the far wall. The closet doors were open and also bare, showing a completely bare wardrobe.