Chapter 13. "Please, don't go."

"Achoo!" Osamu sneezed.

It was supposed to be just a sneeze but you were worried, maybe worried a bit too much. You quickly took pieces of tissue from a tissue box that was placed on the kotatsu table and gave them all to Osamu. Without waiting for him to say anything, you placed your right palm on his forehead, and you could an instant change in the temperature difference between your palm and his forehead.

"Osamu, you've got a fever! Your forehead is really hot!" You panicked. Though you knew it wasn't something needed to be panicked about, but you panicked. Tried to figure out what you should do. Then you remembered you had a thermometer, the classical style of a thermometer, the one that was placed inside a mouth to get the body temperature. You bent your body toward your study table to take the thermometer that was kept inside the most bottom drawer.

"Here, place this in your mouth." Osamu was hesitated at first. He looked at you with a confusing face before took it and did exactly what you told him with no complaints. And you had no idea why he seemed to be hesitant, your panic had blocked your brain from figuring out the most obvious thing that was happening right there.

"Wait here, I will make you warm chocolate. Then drink fever medicine after that." You walked toward the kitchen that was just a few steps away. Poured water in a kettle, boiled it, took your favorite pink glass, and poured two spoons full of chocolate powder in it.

"Just lay in my bed ok? Don't sit on the carpet. I will bring you my blanket." While waiting for the water to get boiled, you took out your thick blanket from a plastic cover and placed it over his head to cover his body. You were glad that you washed the blanket yesterday because you planned to use it tonight since the weather was getting really cold.

"Here, cover yourself with the blanket." You helped him while he was trying to adjust the blanket over his body, in which you pulled it over his head so that his entire body and head were covered. He needed to make himself warm.

"I am fine, really. That was just sneezing. Nothing serious." He lifted his head that was popped out from the blanket. He noticed the thermometer gave out an error in the reading so he re-did it.

"There is nothing is nothing serious when it comes to fever and colds. Get it?" He nodded silently and weakly, and wrapped himself more inside your blanket. He was very obedient when he was sick.

A few minutes later you were back with a warm chocolate drink in your right hand.

"Here, drink it. Make yourself warm."

Osamu took the thermometer out of his mouth and gave it to you. He then drank the warm chocolate with both of his hands holding the glass, trying to warm himself.

39.2 oC!!!

"Oh my- Your fever is really high." You looked at him with widened eyes, shocked. He just looked at you back, not saying anything. Something didn't make sense here. In an instant, you turned into a thinking mode.

How can his fever be really high? If it is because of the rain earlier, it is a bit too early isn't for his body to react in such a short time. We literally just got back home about.. an hour? one and half hours ago? Is it possible to get a really high fever in only an hour? It must be not because of the rain. What then?

You had a habit of thinking seriously, sometimes thinking way too hard, over something that goes from trivial to serious matters. Didn't matter whether it was school-related problems or general life-related things, if there was a thing that required you to figure out the solution, you would take the matters seriously. And finding out the solutions were always started with finding out the source of the problems.