Chapter 26. "Thank you for being you."

After struggling with the bento lid, you finally successfully opened it without destroying the beauty of the food inside. You took the spoon out of its plastic cover and scooped one full rice with chopped fried chicken on it.

"Here, Osamu, aaaa~" You said while imitating the aaaa gesture.

Osamu who was focused on his driving was totally confused. It may did not come across his mind that you would feed him. It was completely out of nowhere. Nevertheless, he slightly turned his face toward you, with eyes that were still focused on the road, and took the big bite from the spoon.

Despite being confused, Osamu would take the food anyway. Not to mention that he had not been eating for hours since his last breakfast meal.

"Thanks [Y/N], but really you don't have to-" Osamu tried to argue that you really do not have to feed him.

"I will feed you Osamu." You argued back.

"Here, take this and stop complaining." You brought another spoon full of rice and a very big chop of fried chicken closer to his mouth and fed him.

"Umm mmmm." Osamu said while chewing the food. That inaudible sentence of his was probably 'Yes, ma'am', you thought to yourself.

You then fed yourself, Osamu again, you again then Osamu, you, Osamu until the first bento box was finished. You went on opening the second bento box because you knew very well that there is no way Osamu would be full by just eating half of a bento box. The second one had tonkatsu as the main dish. You opened a new spoon, cut the tonkatsu into a small yet big bite, placed it on top of a spoon full of rice then fed Osamu. Looking at him happily eating the food really made him looked like a five years old kid whose mood changed instantly when he finally got what he wanted. You fed Osamu for about 3/4 of the bento, and you ate the rest 1/4 which was enough for you.

Osamu was a happy man now.

"Thanks for the food." Osamu and you said in unison.

"Thanks [Y/N], I am full now." He said with a very happy face.

"I will keep giving you food if that makes you happy." You were not joking.

"But I can't cook very well, so I will probably just go buy some food from restaurants or anything." And the fact that you could not cook was not a joke too.

"I will teach you how to cook then." Osamu suggested an idea that he did not seem to be joking around too.

"Really? I am looking forward to it then!" You always wanted to learn how to cook but not until just now you suddenly had a determination to actually learn one.

"I want to eat your food, [Y/N]." Osamu said with a firm voice.

"Let me practice first. I don't want to give you my burnt sausage or too salty soup. So, let me practice me first then I will give you my best food." You promised yourself to start learning how to cook properly.

"Okay, until then I will wait." Osamu smirked.

After driving for 7.5 hours total, you finally reached the front gate of Kobe University. Most of the journey, you and Osamu kept talking only about food. He gave you short lectures on how to cut vegetables, fishes, chickens, and meat, how to keep them without ruining the tastes, how to cook them to give the best tastes, in which you listened to him very intently. Only after you were near the university that you noticed that you ended up not practicing the thesis defense during the journey after having lunch. However, somehow, that did not make you panic or nervous. Partly probably because you were prepared enough for the thesis defense, and partly was surely because being together with Osamu really made you calm.

You unlocked the seatbelt, and picked up your bag and laptop from the backseat. You combed your hair with your fingers to make it less messy. Osamu chuckled in his seat seeing you diligently trying to comb your hair.

"You don't have to comb that much, [Y/N]. You already look beautiful that way." Osamu said.

"Hmm really?" Not that you did not trust Osamu but somehow sometimes your hair will act on its own and starting to entangle like curly noodle.

"Trust me." He smiled.

You trusted him.

You unlocked the car door, opened it a bit before you turned back your body to Osamu.

"Thanks, thanks a lot Osamu. Thanks for driving me and dropping me off right at my university. Thanks, you helped me a lot." Your hand was holding the door handle.

You turned your body to face the car door again and were ready to go out. That was when Osamu grabbed your shoulder and leaned forward to plant a soft kiss on your cheek. The quick kiss was real quick, and just lasted for merely as short as one second.

"Good luck, [Y/N]." He smiled, very shyly.

You were all flustered because it was the first time Osamu kissed you. He had never kissed you before, either on cheeks or lips. His kiss had left you frozen for a brief moment.

You closed the car door, put the bag on your thighs, and you moved your head closer to Osamu and kissed him on his cheek. Now it was his turn to sat frozen on his seat. He did not see that coming. You leaned in, so your foreheads rested against his. Both of your and his breathings were in sync.

"Thank you," You said in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" He replied, his voice low and husky.

"For being you." Your voice exhilarated from the tension between you and him.

You leaned in and gently kissed Osamu's warm lips. Your lips brushed his, softly, delicately, just long enough that he could inhale your breath. You pulled apart to take shaky and shallow breaths. Osamu, who was unable to contain himself anymore, held your head in his hands and pulled you into a fiery and passionate kiss. Though so, his kiss was not trying to dominate you but it was to seek union and closeness and the sharing of one breath, one sensation, and one timeless. Your hands worked their way around his face, feeling his perfect jawline. Osamu's hands ventured over your curved body, exploring.

"Ah, ah, mmm." You moaned.

"O-osamu? Osamu, ah Osamu." You moaned louder.

"Please, p-please." He gripped your head, gently and firmly, as if to keep you from escaping.

His tongue touched yours, quick and electric, and delicious. His kiss then became firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lay within. He worked your mouth against his, his tongue battling back and forth trying to pin yours. You did not resist.

After one long kiss that took your and his breaths away, Osamu pulled apart and stared at your eyes. His eyes were full of wonder and love, yours were full of curiosity and passion. Between your and his lips were a silver bridge that served as a proof of how the kiss felt like.

You wiped your lips to erase the sparkling bridge, Osamu did the same too. No words were spoken, let the silence tells the story. A story that was hidden behind the kiss. You could see Osamu was still not satisfied with the kiss, he wanted more, he wanted to lean in to your lips again and explored you deeper. But now was not the time.

"Not now ok? I have a thesis defense coming." You took his hands into yours, gently smiled.

"Oh god I totally forgot about that. I- I got all work up, I am sorry, I didn't mean to make y-" Osamu's face was shocked.

You planted a quick soft kiss on his lips, let his sentence sank back inside his throat. You parted your lips before Osamu lost his control again.

"Don't apologize please. You did nothing wrong, Osamu." You grabbed your bag that had fallen next to your shoes. You opened the car door and looked back at Osamu.

"Thanks for the good luck wish, and the kiss too."

You then ran to the Department of Physics building and left him wonder in his driving seat about how your kiss would taste like if you got all work up too.