Chapter 27. "Do you know kangaroos posses powerful hind legs?"

Your thesis defense went really well. There was nothing more happier than being able to answer confidently all questions that were coming from professors who were there to evaluate your research works. Your supervisor congratulated you for finishing the undergraduate study with an excellent score.

23 days later, August 26, Thursday

For the past one week, you had been staying at Osamu's restaurant.

He insisted on asking you to stay at his place so that he and Atsumu later could take care of the luggages that you would bring to Australia on the night of the day you would be having a graduation ceremony in the morning. You had tried your best not to have your flight on the same day as the graduation day, but since the entrance ceremony of your Master's study in Australia would be held two days after your graduation day, so you had to have to fly on the night of the graduation day no matter what.

Osamu who always had some unreasonable excuses for not letting Atsumu to stay overnight at his restaurant had agreed to let him stay for one full week with no any further arguments or whatsoever. The last one week of your stay in Japan. The last one week of you being together with them.

🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟 🏐 🍙 👟

August 25.

Your last day of having a dinner together with the twins.

Osamu made a grand dinner to celebrate your graduation. Or, more likely to say farewell. Atsumu happily helped his twin prepared the ingredients but not at all was allowed to cook, or otherwise the food that was supposed to have a good taste might be ended up getting burned and gone in thin air in the blink of an eye.

The same went for you too, but with different reason you suppose. 'You will be having a very long day tomorrow, so don't cook. You can go sit there and take some rest', they said. The twins could go so stubborn in such matter and what all you could do was to do as they said. So what you did today was just literally sitting all day long while reading some novels and watching the twins busy serving the customers.

"Dinner is ready!" Atsumu shouted from the kitchen, banging the kitchen door and brought three plates of garlic-butter steak.

"Exaggerating. You barely cook anything, Tsumu." Right behind Atsumu was Osamu with three drinks in both of hands.

"That's because you didn't let me cook, Samu." Atsumu put one plate in front of you, one plate in front of himself, and another plate for his twin.

"That's because I don't want you to burn the steak." Osamu sighed, setting the drinks for everyone.

"I won't burn the steak. I am a great cook!"

"You can't even crack an egg without making the egg skin falls into the plate."

"Th-that's not true! Don't trust him, [Y/N]."

You chuckled at their constant quarrel over everything. If there was a chance for them to quarrel, they would do it even if it was about something very insignificant. Who woke up earlier, who ate faster, who got more smiles from customers, literally about everything. If quarreling face to face was not possible, they would do so in chat. There was not one day where they did not quarrel.

I will miss seeing them quarrel like this.

"Let's eat?" You asked.

"Yes!!" Osamu said, half seconds faster than Atsumu.