Endgame PT.1

(The screen first panels up to an arrow being nocked into a bow. The archer behind firmly grips it tight as it was aiming towards the target. The camera reveals Clint Barton holding up a few arrows while mentoring his daughter, Lila Barton, on shooting one.)

Clint's eyes widened, before relaxing again. "I'm teaching Lila archery." He smiled. "I'm sure she's great at it, Clint," Bruce replied warmly. Clint nodded appreciatively. 

CLINT BARTON: Okay, hold on. Don't shoot. You see where you're going?

LILA BARTON: Mhm.

CLINT BARTON: Okay, now let's worry about how you get there.

Clint corrects his daughter's foot to the proper position, and adjusts her shooting stance.

"Aw, its Teacher Clint," Natasha smirked. Clint just sighed. "Don't say that again, I'm just fathering." 

Fathering? Is that even a word? MJ wondered, English not being her best subject.

CLINT BARTON: Here. Can you see?

LILA BARTON: Yeah.

CLINT BARTON: You sure?

LILA BARTON: Mhm.

Clint pushes Lila's hair in front of her face while covering her left eye.

CLINT BARTON: How about now?

Natasha's hand finds Clint's and she squeezed it. "You're a very fatherly father, then." Clint blinked. "Is that supposed to be a compliment?" He knew Natasha sometimes tricked him into thinking she said something good by using body language.

Both Lila and Clint giggle, as the camera panels into a long shot showing a target nailed on a tree, and the rest of Barton family having a picnic in the field.

"Cool," Peter complimented, grinning. "I want to learn archery one day. You should teach me, Uncle Clint!"

Clint smiles at that. "Sure."

CLINT BARTON: Alright. Ready your fingers.

COOPER BARTON: Nice.

LAURA BARTON: Nice throw, kiddo.

COOPER BARTON: You go.

LAURA BARTON: Hey, you guys want mayo or mustard, or both?  Lila proceeds to look at Clint.

Tony wrinkled his nose. "Who would want mayo on a hotdog?".

LILA BARTON: Who wants mayo on a hotdog?

Tony smiled. "Looks like you got a mini me in your family." Clint facepalmed and Natasha patted him on the back in sympathy before going back to glaring at him for stealing her knife.

Rhodey and Bucky groaned at Tony's sentence, agreeing with Clint that that would be horrible. "Don't make me dislike Clint's daughter, Tony," Bucky said dramatically. Clint whipped his head around. "You WILL like my daughter." 

Bucky blinked in reply.

CLINT BARTON: Probably your brothers

Natasha and Clint smiled.

[Clint looks at his wife, Laura]

CLINT BARTON: Uh, two mustard, please! Thanks, mama. 

LAURA BARTON: Mayo or mustard?

NATHANIEL BARTON: How about ketchup?

LAURA BARTON: Ketchup? I can do ketchup.

CLINT BARTON: Mind your elbow. Lila releases the arrow and it hits the target directly in the bullseye. Hahaha! Good job, Hawkeye. Go get your arrow.

Tony grinned."Like father like daughter hmm?" Natasha grimaced, "Let's hope not."

" I regret ever liking you," Clint sighed teasingly. Natasha feigned being insulted. "Take that back, Barton." Clint just smiled. "Maybe if you take what you said back."

"Never," Natasha replied. Clint pouted.

LAURA BARTON: Hey guys! Enough practice, soup's on!

CLINT BARTON: Alright, we're coming; we're hungry.

[Clint looks behind him, but there's no one there, but dust being blown away by the wind.] Lila, let's go.

[Clint starts to look around] Lila?

Clint paled. What had happened to his daughter? Did he want to know? If he ever lost his family... the loss of his family would sting him very much so.

Natasha also paled as she watched the scene. What could have possibly happened...

[Clint starts to move and look around, and pick up the bow she had.] Honey?

[Clint looks around to see Laura and the boys, only they are gone now. He looks seriously panicked and confused as he hurriedly drops the arrows and jogs over to where they were.] Hey, babe! Babe? Babe? Boys? Boys? Laura?

Clint exhaled a shaky breath and tried to calm himself down, but he was so confused! And panicky...

The Avengers looked puzzled and worried too. Whatever had happened... it probably isn't good.

"Don't worry Clint. Whatever happened, I'm sure we fixed it in the future," Steve said determinedly. Clint just nods, grateful. Natasha smiled sadly. "Yeah, don't stress too much about it. We'll be sure to overcome it when the time happens, Barton."

Everyone mumured supportive comments and Clint couldn't help but smile. He had such great friends.