More Fanfiction Because It's Fun

I Dare You by shadowsontherun
Go check their story out, it's really beautiful and funny, you'll love it for certain. You can find it just by searching it on Google, since the author is not on Wattpad.

Chapter 1

It all started back when they were both still strangers in an odd state of limbo between enemies and partners. There were no Avengers, no aliens, no magic and no one to boss them around out in the field where they called all the shots and either they did their job right or they didn't bother to come back at all.

"Ooh, so this is about you two's life before the Avengers was made. Awesome!" Tony clapped his hands together like a gleeful child. People sat up straighter, curious and excited to know what they were like before they became the heroic and crazy avengers.

Clint silently watched his partner from the corner of his eye growl in frustration as she promptly threw the binoculars she had been staring through for the last 3 hours onto the ground and angrily pushed herself to her feet.

"Still impatient as ever, huh, Natashalie?" Tony grinned. He was rewarded with a smack in the back of his head when he wasn't looking. "I would be in the best of moods if I waited three hours for someone that I wasn't sure will appear," Steve defended her. "Yeah, that's annoying," MJ nodded in agreement.

"Sounds sad to be honest," Peter added.
"Okay, no need to attack me again," Tony grumbled.

He noticed the way she was half limping and rolled his eyes.

"And they call you a wonderful spy," Clint teased. "Wonderful assassin, not spy," Natasha argued. "I was more fond of charging in and slicing everyone to bits."

"You need better posture while crouching for long periods of time - otherwise that is going to keep happening," Clint said without moving an inch from the initial position he took up at the edge of the ridge they were lying on.

"A guide to how to be a spy," Clint said, using his finger-gun to pretend-shoot the screen. "I still can't believe how you used to not be good at this."

Natasha shrugged. "As I said, I was not one for waiting. Unlike you."

"Hawkeye for a reason, Nat."

His riffle was exactly where he wanted it to be and he was going to keep it that way. He had no problem staying in one place for hours. However his partner was another story.

"Shut up Barton - I wasn't built for long term stake outs. I hunt targets - not wait for them to take their damn time in the burning sun," Natasha said as she tried to ignore the pain shooting up and down her calves - she should have been paying attention to the building tension but she was too damn proud to keep shifting her weight when he could lie still for literally days if he had to. The damn bastard pissed her off.

"LOL. Sassy."

He chuckled at her irritated tone.

"Sometimes I think you're crazy, Barton."

"Crazy brave, or...?"

Sometimes he thinks there is an equal chance of her shooting him as there is of her saving his ass.

Yes, there is. Most certainly. Was what everyone was thinking..