18. Unexpected Encounter 3

Just like that Hinata and Sasuke kept on bickering all the way down the street. Half the way they got hungry and decided to have some lunch before continuing their small contest.

They decided to go straight to Ichiraku.

At the front of the shop, the owner of the Ichiraku, Teuchi, was putting on a sign as he spot the two shinobi coming. He greeted them with delight seeing the two familiar faces.

“Sasuke! You came again. Oh and with Hinata! Long time no see! How have you been?”

“I have been well, Teuchi-san. It is nice to see you again. How are you doing?”

“I have been quite busy, Hinata. You might not know, we decided to expand the place.”

“Is that true?”- Hinata surprised

“Yeah, since Naruto became Hokage many customers coming. So we decided to move to someplace bigger.” Teuchi smiled pointing at the sign

The signboard had the store’s new address and opening date written on it. Hinata smiled as she traced her hand on the front door.

“I’m happy for you. Though it’s a bit sad, we have many memories here.”

“Yeah. It’s a pity. I have seen you guys grow up here. We’ll miss this place.”

The three went into the store. It was between breakfast and lunchtime so there weren’t many customers. Sasuke and Hinata were the only people at the bar.

Sasuke ordered the usual and Hinata got today’s special.

“You know, Naruto and the others have visited quite often, to say goodbye to the place. I’m glad you are able to come before we closed it down, Hinata.” 

Teuchi said as he served the dishes 

“Did Sasuke bring you here?”

“Hm.”

“It was a coincidence. We met at the Hokage Tower.” 

Sasuke doesn’t seem like he would answer, so Hinata replied instead.

“Oh really? Did you guys meet Naruto?”

“No" she shakes her head while grabbing the chopstickes "Everyone seems busy so we decided to visit another time.”

“Ah yes, it’s almost festival seasons.”  Teuchi sighed 

“It's been a while since the three of you came together, Sasuke. Don't just bring your wife, bring Naruto, too.”

Hinata startled, immediately turn her head to her companion. On the other hand, Sasuke just sighed, ignoring her.

“He’s busy. And we came together 2 weeks ago.” 

“Yeah but I wonder if he’s eating well. He’s alone, isn’t he?”

“You are MARRIED???”  Hinata astonished

“Hinata you didn’t know?”  Teuchi also surprised  “Sasuke is married to Sakura!”

“Whattttt????” 

Hinata drop her chaw with her chopsticks. Sasuke seems proud for some reason.

“Hn.” 

“So…so…the baby inside Sakura…was yours…?”

“Whose child did you think it was then?”  Sasuke looking at Hinata annoyed

“Anyone but you…? You were on mission, didn’t you?? When…..HOW ON EARTH did you get MARRIED???”

Sasuke turns his head away, ignoring Hinata, and keeps eating his meal. While Hinata is still in a state of shock and keeps looking at Sasuke. Unable to keep watching Teuchi answer instead.

“I was also surprised too, you know? It was about 5 months ago, I think? Sakura and Naruto were here having dinner together. But suddenly Sasuke showed up and bring Sakura away. And a few days later they suddenly announced they will get married.”  Teuchi laughed, flashbacking  “Everyone have no idea what was going on then, but it turned out you got Sakura pregnant! Hahaha.”

“Shut up.”  Sasuke blush a little while pretending he didn’t and kept eating.

“5 months…? 5 months….” 

However Hinata was lost in thought.

A sudden memory crossed her mind.

'…..What…What did Sakura do after he gave her his scarf?'

'Did she took it off?'

'What about when she heard about the trip?'

!!!

She then realized the reason he got up suddenly that day.

HE WENT TO MEET SAKURA!

“HAAA!!!”  from that Hinata stands up suddenly, pointing a finger at Sasuke 

“So you got nervous! Hahahahahaha!”

Hinata laughs incredibly, making everyone in the store startled looking at her

“You got SO anxious that you went straight to meet Sakura-san!

Upon hearing what I SAID! Hahahahahahahah!”

“S-Shut up!”  Sasuke’s face got bright red

But Hinata didn’t stop. Upon thinking she has the chance to win against Sasuke, she kept laughing at his face.

“Thanks for leaving the fish… I totally understand now why you left so hurriedly…. You must have been busy making BABIES.”

“SHUT UP!!!”  Sasuke’s face couldn’t be redder for any moment

Hinata burst out laughing, feeling delighted after finally getting the upper-hand. She was about to go for another blow when suddenly she heard the voice.

“Hinata…?”