15. Invitation

It was noon when the two bit farewell to each other at the coffee shop. Hinata was walking her way home while thinking about the conversation they had back then.

" Give him a chance. "

Give him a chance? Me? She said it like if I was the one who dumped... Oh, I did dumped him..

But that was because I thought he didn't love me, and he hadn't had the courage to leave, so I was just doing him a flavor. But now, I don't know anymore...

The sky was dark, the streets were empty. There were just a few light poses on. She went to a nearby park and sat on an vacant swing. She can't go to the pond now that he found out her secret place. But this also was the same spot she sat on the last winter.

Ha, how ironic.

She swing on it lightly, feeling the summer night breeze. Only the sound of the swing creacking could be heard. Hinata stay like that for a good 30 minutes, doing absolutely nothing but keep swinging.

" You're spacing out again."

This time, she didn't budge. She just slowly lift her head up, knowing the owner of the voice.

" Are you spying on me, Hokage-sama?"

" Stop calling me that Hinata. And no, I was just taking a stroll. I've been in my office all day. "

" Oh.."

There was silence. Naruto slowly went over and took a seat next to her, sitting still. They stayed like that for a moment, not knowing what to say.

" Being Hokage must be quite tough " Hinata try starting a conversation " you are stuck in the office all day and you-"

" I missed your voice."

#@£¥^#/#^/$*€*!?!?!!

"Huh-uh-huhhh????" She was taken aback

" I missed your presence."

"!?!??" Her heart starting to pound

" I missed everything..you. I miss you, Hinata."

She didn't know what to say. She just stared at him astounded.

" Can we start again? Let's do it properly this time. With two feelings are mutal." He looks at her, eyes sparkling in the darkest night.

Is he saying that he loves me?

" Hinata " He then suddenly reach out and grab her hand, which startled her " Do you know there's a festival fews day from now?" He asked

" I-I've noticed. I saw people decorating the street. "

" Are you planning to come?" He looks down at her hand, rubbing them lightly.

" I-I haven't decided.." Her face began to redden, she noticed. It's hard to focus when Naruto is holding her hand.

" I was just thinking...would you..like to walk with me, during the festival..?" He looks at her hopefully, holding her hand in his.

She was in a panic. She lost her cool the moments he grab her hand. Why does she always became undone when it comes to him!? And oh god.. with him looking at her like that.. how could she say no?

" ..Okay."

He grin, satisfied by her answer. He then stands up. Pulling on her hand lightly, telling her to get up as well.

" Then it decided! I can't wait to go to the festival with you."

He smile at her. And she wondered how long had it been since she saw his significant smile at her like that. She was in a daze, wondering if this is a dream or reality.

" Come on, it's late. I'll take you home."

After that they just spent rest of the walk quietly, with him still holding her hand in his.