19. At the Ichiraku

“Hinata…?”

At the entrance, there were Naruto and Sakura, dumbfounded, both looking at her.

Seeing Naruto, Hinata immediately regret laughing so loudly. She noticed that everyone in the store was looking at her that she sit down right away. Face flustered.

“Hinata… What are you doing here… with Sasuke?” Naruto slightly frown

Hinata, unable to answer from recovering from her embarrassment, Sasuke answered instead.

“Unexpected encounter. What are YOU doing here with MY WIFE, Naruto?”

“Huh? We were working together at the office. And it’s lunchtime so we came together.”

“Hm. That behavior of yours is the reason people think you guys are a couple.” Sasuke said annoyed

Naruto turns pale

“It-It isn’t like that Hinata!” Naruto immediately grabs Hinata “Sakura is married to Sasuke!”

Hinata blinked surprised upon seeing Naruto so desperate.

“I-I know. I just heard…”

There was a moment of silence between the four. Naruto’s hands were still on Hinata’s shoulders while Sakura hit Sasuke with her elbow.

“HmHm! Well, it isn’t the Konoha most famous people!” Teuchi tried to break the silence “Come on and sit you two. Been busy lately huh? You guys work hard. What would you like to have?”

The owner of the store, Teuchi, tried to lighten up the awkward atmosphere. Sakura immediately took the opportunity and lead the conversation.

“We will have the usual. So, where did you guys encountered?”

Sakura sits beside Sasuke, and Naruto sits beside Hinata. Hinata felt nervous with Naruto so close to her but tried pretending she was not.

“We… We met downtown.” She lied. Not wanting Naruto to know she went to Hokage Tower to meet him  “We talk for a while and end up coming here…”

Hinata said unconfidently. She wanted to facepalm herself.

I’m so bad at lying!

Naruto gives a suspicious look. Sasuke sighed upon the situation.

“We were talking about our last meeting. And it’s lunchtime so we came together.” Sasuke said mimicking Naruto

Naruto glared at Sasuke, feeling discomfort. There was tension between the two.

“What meeting. I didn't hear anything about you two working together. ” 

Naruto asked while ordering his meal to be changed just as same as Hinata

Hinata blushed at that “Its-Its not that… We were talking about the time we met outside Konoha.”

Naruto stiffen while Sakura was surprised and looked at Sasuke.

“You two met outside Konoha?? How come you didn’t tell me!” Sakura pout at Sasuke

Sasuke looked at Sakura’s pout face adoringly.

“We met like 30 minutes or so. It wasn’t worth talking about.”

“Even so! You could have told us how Hinata’s doing! You knew we were worried!” Sakura hit Sasuke on the back

“I sent my bird to get her back, didn’t I?” Sasuke said grabbing her hand and lending her the chopsticks.

“So that’s why you knew where she was… I thought it was strange…” Naruto mumbled. “What did you guys talk about?”

“Nothing important.”

“But didn’t you guys just speak about it again earlier?”

“It’s none of your business, baka.”

The two glared at each other. Naruto seems incredibly angry and Hinata felt uneasy between the two, not knowing what to do or say.

‘Hey’ Sakura whispered to Sasuke ‘What are you doing! We are supposed to get them back together!’

‘I know. Trust me, this will work.’ Sasuke whispered back

Sakura had doubts but Sasuke was confident. Knowing this had worked on him before.

“Do you really want to know how we met?” Sasuke glanced at Naruto, smirking

“…..Yes.”

Naruto felt extremely irritated. But still obediently answered, wanting to know what Hinata did with Sasuke.

“Well, we met at the waterfall. Hinata was low on supplies, so I share some of mine.”

“Really? You’re lucky you met Sasuke, Hinata! Or it would have been dangerous!” Sakura worried

“Um… I was just low on food. I was going to fish.”

“I helped her fish. Actually, I do the fishing FOR her.”

“Ye-yeah…” Hinata felt embarrassed. “I end up receiving help from Sasuke. Thank you for your help, sorry I didn’t say it sooner.”

“I also listened to your concerns, didn’t I?”

“Huh..huh??”

“The one that you couldn’t tell anyone?” Sasuke looks at Naruto

Naruto clenched his fists. Like that the bowls of meals in front of them were left out cold.