𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - 𝐍𝐨 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬

"All I'm saying is that I could be Regina George reincarnated," Carina says with a giggly laugh

"All I'm saying is that I could be Regina George reincarnated," Carina says with a giggly laugh. Seated in Jude's lap, facing the television, she gestures to Mean Girls (2004) playing on the screen.

Jude's lengthy arms are wrapped around Carina's waist, keeping her grounded against their chest. With their back against the right arm of the couch, Jude's legs were angled off the middle of the couch so Ivy could snuggle into Carina's side under the giant blanket the three shared. Ivy peers up at the girl and tells her, "Rina, you say that every time we watch Mean Girls (2004), and it's still not the compliment you think it is."

The light from the tv cast a dim glow on all of their faces in the dark two-bedroom apartment. Carina turns to Ivy and sticks her tongue out at her. "You say potato, I say potato."

This movie marathon has been an annual tradition for the past three years, ever since they became roommates. No one knows how it started or how they fell into the same position on the couch every single time, but the marathon always ended with the three of them watching Mean Girls (2004) and Jude's petition to watch the sequel.

"Absolutely not," Ivy and Carina state at the same time. The two girls twiningly pivot their heads to look Jude in the face with playful annoyance.

Jude pouts, pressing their cheek to Carina's shoulder. "Please! It's not as bad as you guys think it is."

"The fact that Mean Girls 2 (2011) doesn't have the original cast makes it bad which is why I refuse to watch," Ivy comments.

Jude rolls their eyes at her and says, "Oh come on! It's not that deep. We can just watch it once and then never again. Plus, it is Rina's last year at the NYSD. She could use all the good mojo she can get for auditions coming up in a few months!"

Carina scrunches her face up and says, "Ugh, don't remind me. You might give all of us bad luck by forcing us to watch that monstrosity."

"I don't care. We're watching it," Jude declares and their hands frantically search under covers. "Where is the remote?"

Ivy sits up, reaching over to the far end of the couch to get the firestick remote. Laying back down, she passes the remote to Jude who is silently beaming with joy. The thought of auditions is still lingering in Ivy's mind.

Every year, the New York School of Dance planned its annual Summer Charity Showcase for the middle of August. The showcase advertises the school's most promising dancers in a series of solos, duets, trios, and group dances. Talent agents, choreographers, casting directors, and more are invited to purchase tickets. Not only is it great exposure for the dancers, but all the proceeds made from ticket sales also go to performing arts programs and studios throughout the entire state of New York.

The end credits begin to roll causing Jude to begin fiddling with the buttons on the remote. Ivy sits up and crosses her legs. "Speaking of auditions, Carina, do you know what you wanna try out for yet?"