𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Author's Note: sooo I didn't finish editing last night because I was exhausted

Author's Note: sooo I didn't finish editing last night because I was exhausted. But you guys have waited long enough. Just a heads up, things are subject to change (within the chapter) later today.

Jude adds a mixing bowl to the already pilling dishes in the kitchen sink and finishes the small tower of pancakes they were building. Always the first to awaken in the morning, Jude usually made breakfast— typically throwing frozen waffles in the toaster for the three of them and calling it a day. But every so often, they would surprise Ivy and Carina with a meal made from scratch. Today—Saturday— was one of those days.

Today starts the beginning of a Manny-filled weekend.

On the floor in front of the tv, Ivy and Carina are enjoying their pancakes at the coffee table. Carina's fingers are sticky with syrup while Ivy eats hers plain, depriving herself of the sugary sweetness she so desperately desired. They were passing the time by watching some drama show while they waited for Manny to arrive. Carina arranged for a Lyft to pick her up and she would arrive within the hour.

Ivy couldn't stop glancing at the door, listening to hear the long-awaited knocking. Since their Facetime call, Ivy has been eager to make up for the lost time. Though a few days weren't enough to atone for the months  Ivy practically ignored her, it had to count for something that she was trying.

It was more than other people did for her.

BUG: I'm here

"She said she's outside," Iv announces, just as knocking commences at the door.

Both Jude and Carina pause their movements awkwardly with realization and then scramble to answer the door. Carina gets there firsts, wrenching the door open and revealing Manny's wide-spread grin. She didn't even step foot in the apartment yet and they were already tackling her with hugs.

Ivy rose to her feet, eager to see her younger sister. Jude and Carina finally release Manny who is giggling at the rush of attention. Manny had matured a bit since the last time they saw each other. While both of them had taken on their mother's dark skin and their father's height, Manny was the darker one of the two also has their mother's curves and wide hips. Ivy shared their father's slender figure, yet another unwanted attribute.

Once Manny lays eyes on her sister, nothing else mattered. Dropping her bag to the floor, she pushes to place herself in between Ivy's arms. Resting her chin upon Manny's faux locs, Ivy sighs happily. Nothing would ever top the feeling of holding her baby sister. "Hi, Bug."

"Hi, Vee Vee."

The sister pulls away from one another after a moment though Manny sticks close to Ivy's side. Jude picks up the bag off the floor, taking it to their bedroom. A phone on the coffee table vibrates with urgency as multiple text messages flood the screen. Ivy and Carina sit back down on and Manny takes a seat between the two on the couch. Carina picks up her phone, typing away.