What We Didn't Expect

(Megatron's POV)

Jem and I walked into storage and we looked around, but it appears that there were only car frames. We picked one and pushed it into the main hanger before she went and got a large chunk of metal. She turned her bracelet into her staff and tapped the metal chunk, turning it into liquid metal. She took some of the liquid metal and covered the car frame in a light coat of it. Jem then adjusted the frame to the right style she was thinking of. A portion of the metal then separated itself from the rest and began to create the engine and whatever else goes under the hood.

"Dear, can you find me some rubber, please?" she asked, "On it!" I called and began to look around, soon finding some rubber parts and bringing them back to her. "Found Some!" I announced, making her smile back at me. I was surprised to see the car was almost done. "Thank you." She thanked me and kissed me before touching the rubber with her staff, separating it into two groups. Within the next 10 minutes, the car was finished, a silver SUV.

"We have to get it registered before going to the orphanage." she told me as she used the last of the metal to make a key. I nodded as she unlocked the car, allowing both of us to get in. Pressing a button, the car came on and we left base after Jem texted my brother and Ratchet what the car looked like for when we came back.

(Jem's POV)

I drove to the DMV, being extra careful. While I did know how to drive, it had been awhile. We arrived and before we left fully, I ran to Nemesis to get my information. I might as well get my American Driver's license while I was at it.

We arrived and I got on my phone, quickly signing up for insurance before we went inside. It wasn't busy as it was Monday and everyone was at work or school, allowing me to quickly do the test and get my temporary license before heading over to registration.

"Type of car is it?" the man asked as we walked outside for him to do the inspection. "Custom, sir. She built it herself." Megatron bragged a little ... Was he showing me off? The DMV man looked at the car, then at me. "Y-you ... you built this?" He asked, making me nod, "Yes, It's a long term electric with an automatic transmission" I explained, making him nod and continue the inspection. We were cleared and registered, allowing us to finally go to the orphanage

When we arrived and got out, I already heard the sound of children's laughter and squeals of delight. I took hold of Megatron's hand and we walked in, going up to the front desk where a young woman sat. "Hello, How may I help you?" she asked in a friendly tone, making me smile, but something didn't feel right about this woman. "I read on your website that you're looking for volunteers to help with the children," I stated, "Are you still in need of those volunteers?". The woman nodded and stood up with a clipboard, "Sign in here and I'll take you both to the children." she said, handing me the clipboard. I signed and then Megatron did as well before giving the clipboard back. "This way she told us, and by the way, I'm Amy." she said, making us both nod and follow her.

We arrived in a playroom where 6 toddlers were playing, making me smile, but I could tell Megatron was worried. I held his hand and gently squeezed it. "You're doing great, love." I whispered, making him nod. "Can you watch them while we prepare lunch?" Amy asked, motioning to herself and two other women who were already in the room. "Of course." I said, making her nod and leave with the other two ladies.

"Did Amy seem off to you?" I asked Megatron, "So I wasn't the only one." he whispered when he suddenly felt a tug on his jeans. One of the little boys had come up to him and was holding his arms up to be held, but I could tell that Megatron didn't know what to do. The other little boy came up to me and did the same thing, making me get Megatron's attention. "Like this.", I gently grabbed the toddler by the underarms and placed him on my front, supporting his bottom and back.

Megatron copied me, a little less skilled, but the toddler started giggling. We put the two down and started playing with all of them. One of them pretending to punch Megatron, making him start acting. "Oh no! I've been hit!" he dramaticized, making the toddlers all laugh, while I giggled.

The Women came back and got the toddlers in time for lunch and asked us to help with a different task, feeding the infants and newborns. Taken to the baby's room, I almost melted. There were two babies, one a newborn baby girl, the other, a 6 month old baby boy. I taught Megatron how to feed little Landon before I started to bottle feed Felicia, she had to be no older than a few days a week at best.

Once done, I burped Felicia and rocked her gently. I felt eyes on me, but from two directions with two different feelings. One filled with love from next to me, that was Megatron. However, there was a very cold, dangerous feeling of hatred coming from behind me, a feeling I had not felt in forever. Only one person ever looked at me with those emotions at once ... my father. I placed Felicia in her crib before kissing Megatron's forehead, "I'll be right back, I have to use the restroom." I told him, making him nod. I passed the area where the cold feeling was coming from and headed towards the bathroom.

As I washed my hands, I felt that cold stare again, only this time, it was doubled. I instantly turned around and my worst fears were confirmed as my father punched me into the wall and Amy locked the door. "D-dad" I stuttered, but he merely lifted me by my throat and put a knife to it, but it was no ordinary knife, it was my pocket knife made by Soudwave ... made from Cybertronian metal. It could pierce my skin! It must have fallen off my waist.

"Quiet Brat!" he hissed, pressing the knife deeper before he pulled it away and stabbed it into my arm. I cried out from actual pain as my blood mixed with energon started streaming down my arm. Amy then approached as I began to shake when my father pulled out the knife. "H-how did you find m-me?" I asked quietly, making them both smirk. "You appearing on TV, child. A very stupid move." he laughed chillingly as he gave Amy the knife. "And a cow like you doesn't deserve a boyfriend like that man, so let's take care of tha-" she was interrupted by the metal door being collided into.

"Do it." Dad hissed, and that's when Amy stabbed me in my stomach and ripped it to the left, making me scream bloody murder before everything went black, the last thing I saw being the door bursting open as I was dropped to the floor.