Chapter 1 - Plot

It was a normal day within Ninjago, no villains, no crime meaning that the ninja where relaxing. Nya and Jay were repairing the bounty again, while Zane and Pixal were challenging each other in a game of chest and Lloyd was on the look out for any of the missing villains (mostly Pythor)

"Do you really need any more hair gel?" Cole's voice calls out through the shared sleeping quarters, which makes Kai look at Cole through the mirror. "In fact, I do." Kai smiles as Cole rolls his eyes at Kai from his spot on the bed then he goes back to drawing.

"Whatcha drawing?" Kai asks as he turns to face Cole, who is focused on continuing the drawing. "The dragon that the Geckles and Munces talked about so much" Cole mumbles as he glares at the page. "The Grief-Bringer?" Kai asks as he sits down beside the black-haired boy.

"Is this because, we couldn't fix the Blades of Deliverance?" Kai asks, which makes Cole look away from him. "I ... Maybe" He mumbles as he looks up at Kai.

"All I have from my mum is her stories and also the spinjitzu burst that she created" Cole looks up at Kai and sighs softly as he gets up putting the sketch book down.

"Cole, babe ..." Kai whispers unsure of what to say, until his phone lets out a soft ping making Kai pull it out of his pocket. "Its Lloyd, he said that Misako has found something that might be of interest."

"What are we waiting on then?" Cole asks as he and Kai quickly rush out towards the temples training grounds, where the others are waiting. "There you, two are!" Jay calls out "Thought we would have to go and save the both of you from kissing each other's faces off" This gains a gentle hit on the back of the head from Cole and a small smile. "Let's go!" Cole calls out as he rushes away from Jay, knowing that he is out of revenge.

----

When they get to the museum, where Lloyd is waiting for them, Jay manages to get his revenge on Cole, which makes Lloyd scowl at them. "Now's not the time" He calls out as they walk into the museum, where Misako is standing over a table with a scroll in front of her.

"Ninja, so glad you can make it." She says softly as they all surround the table. "This scroll was found not that long ago, probably when you, all where in Shintaro" Misako states when look at each ninja.

"We haven't fully deciphered it yet, but from what we understand, its something about a dragon" She notes as Lloyd nods "Could this do with the first realm?" Lloyd asks while the others hum in agreement. "Maybe"

"Notify us, if any more has been deciphered" Lloyd says which his mother nods. "Will do" She calls out as the ninja leave the museum. Kai looks at Cole. "What do you think it means?" He asks and Cole shrugs "Not sure" He mumbles as he looks around. "We will find out soon"

---

For the rest of the night, the ninja just relax and talk about the new discovery, after a while, they decide to watch a random movie until they feel tired enough to fall asleep, which Jay and Lloyd manage to do while watching the movie.

Kai gets up during the night as a crashing sound wakes him up, making him grunt and he slowly gets up to investigate the noise. "The hallway is clear" He whispers to himself and he heads out to the training area and freezes, as he sees a large dark beast, who also freezes at the sight of Kai.

The beast whimpers as Kai continues to stare at it and it struggles to climb over the wall, leaving large slash marks from its sharp claws, which makes Kai wince as the wall gets ruined in the process.

"Wait!" Kai calls out as he chases the beast to the wall, and he growls when the beast gets to the other side. Kai quickly rushes out the gate and to where the beast hopped the wall, only to see that it was gone. "Damnit" He mumbles as he scans the area, then heads back inside. "I'll tell the others in the morning" Kai growls out, rubbing his eyes, knowing that the others can be grouchy when woken up.

--

11/04/2022

Thanks for reading the first chapter! I promise to keep going with this, if anyone wants me to.