Chapter 2

A banging noise fills the air which makes Kai groan as he turns to stuff his head into the pillow that he was resting his head on but stops when he sees the spot that Cole usually lays in is empty.

"Damn" Kai mumbles as he slowly sits up letting out a yawn, Kai sits there, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and finally gets up to get ready and spike up his hair. After taking a while to get ready, he walks out to see the others training while Cole and Lloyd talk to each other.

Kai stops to watch as he sees the green scaly tail flick behind Lloyd as he swings his arms around as he speaks, which Cole nods to and mumbles something that Kai can't hear from his spot on the doorway of the bounty.

Cole turns to wave at Kai, who returns the wave before he steps into the training area and watches as Nya and Jay spar together, clearly not taking it seriously. Cole turns his attention back to Lloyd, which he hums at.

"Relax Lloyd, we will find Pythor, at least we know, he's around now" Cole says softly as he places his hand on the oni/dragon hybrid's shoulder, while keeping an eye on his tail, that stops flicking behind him. "I'm going to keep looking" Lloyd hisses out which makes Cole sigh. "Of course, green machine" Cole hums as he watches Lloyd scurry off.

Cole turns to walk over to Kai, who is sitting on a bench, watching his sister spar, letting out a small cough to gain Kai's attention, who smiles back at Cole and makes space for the earth ninja.

"Zane and Pix are still fixing one of the engines and Lloyd's keeping an eye out of Pythor " Cole tells him, which makes Kai nod "we should do something then, like go to the arcade" Kai smiles at Cole "yeah, that could be fun, but I want to get back in time to let Lloyd rest" Cole tells Kai, who nods.

Cole gets up and holds an hand out for Kai, who takes it with a tight grip, not wanting to let go. Kai calls out to his sister and Jay telling them that they are away, and they head into New Ninjago City.

On the way there, both fire and earth ninja ramble on about nothing, until Kai looks at Cole and says "I saw something strange last night" that makes Cole tilt his head.

"How so?" Cole replies as Kai watches him closely then shrugs. "Saw a dragon, which is weird cause they all went back to the First Realm" Cole nods as he hums. "Can't they travel to mostly any realm they want though? Maybe the dragon was here to check on Wu for Faith?" Cole supplies which make Kai nod back at him. "Yeah, enough about that!" Kai chirps out as he drags the earth ninja into the arcade that they were going to.

Both ninja spend a bit of time playing some of the games against each other (which Cole easily wins, due to the time-wasting torments against Jay that he does). After playing for a while, both decide to go to Chen's Noodle House.

Cole sits down in one of the booths while he watches Kai talk to Skylar, who he hasn't saw in a while, relaxing in the seat Cole hears. "Yeah, saw the beast last night, it got away again" which makes the earth ninja tense up and slowly turn to see some men clearly dressed up as hunters, but stops looking at them when he sees a buff man with a large scar that looks like slash marks from claws.

"Wouldn't be the first time, it appears and vanishes like that" The leader growls out which makes Cole shiver at the voice. "But we'll catch it and kill it for what it has done!" One of the smaller hunters shouts which is followed by a slapping noise and a "Quiet!".

Cole shakes his head as he blocks out the rest of the conversation as Kai comes back over with the drinks and he smiles at his boyfriend. "Everything okay?" Kai asks softly which Cole just nods his head. "I'm good." He replies quietly not wanting to worry the red ninja, who sits down and talks to him catching him up on what Skylar said.

----

Hey everyone! I am so sorry for not updating for so long, I stopped coming onto Wattpad, but I'm back and glad to see that some people want to see this continue, so that's what I'll do.

I'm also going to update the cover since my art style has changed a lot.

~ Winters

Not beta-read

24/01/2024