1.1 Some Mistakes Get Made

Dipping her feet in water, she shuddered at the coldness and laughed at herself, so loud that anyone would think she has gone mad.

Yes, she has actually gone mad, in love, in betrayal, in the twisted games, in saving herself, in saving her family, and not to forget, she actually had gone mad facing consequences of everything she did.

A pamphlet came to her hand along with the cold breeze, people who were walking by were amused. "Dipping feet in water in Manali! And too when it's winter?"

She decided to read the pamphlet, but with a sudden change she crushed it as more as she could, tears streamed her face and chin; and she couldn't feel her legs anymore.

Can she try for the one last time or is it enough?

She turned around hearing some giggles at the back, a couple; totally enjoying their honeymoon. Was she jealous? Yes. She was. She never had a life she wanted.

Love was nowhere left. It's just attraction of body, of beauty and money.  Those who actually loved were sitting near a river, thinking to live or die.

Vansh tapped his feet looking at his watch, the whole family was waiting for Riddhima's arrival so they can start their revenge. Little did they know, she wasn't coming again.

All of the family's eyes were on Vansh, who just sat breathing heavily looking at his watch again and again. Is she actually fine?
No one cares, if she doesn't comes it means she died, or else she will come for sure. Vansh knew, all she wanted in her life was love which she never actually got.

A little boy came and sat next to Riddhima, took the crushed paper from her hand and made a boat out if it, letting it go into the river. A puppy followed the boy, howling as the boy jumped in happiness.

"I love you Gogo!" The little boy said picking up the puppy, and looked at Riddhima watching him with a tear stained face.

"Did your mumma also scold you?" He asked, getting a small smile from Riddhima.

"Your mumma also scolded you?" Riddhima asked, and he bowed his head sitting down.

"I don't have mumma." He said, petting Gogo.

"I also don't have mumma" Riddhima replied, keeping her head on his shoulder.

"That's why you were crying?" He asked.

"No. I was crying because.... Because no one loves me." She replied with a sigh, it was the truth. She too, wanted to be actually loved.

"What if I love you?" The boy asked making her chuckle.

"Well..do you?"

"Yes. Will you come to my house?" He asked "your feet will hurt now."

Riddhima fell silent on his question. Was he asking her to move on?

"Please na. I want to eat some tasty tasty food today. Please" he pouted with his rosy lips.

"Fine fine..I will come." Riddhima replied, taking her feet out of the river. It hurted a bit, but it wasn't a bad choice.

"You know... My house is not far away, and I come here to play daily. You will like it very much." He said holding two of her fingers, letting off Gogo from his lap.

"Really? It would be nice then." Riddhima replied in her daze.

What  Riddhima noticed, was the dirt on his clothes, the wound on his hand, and his cracky voice, which clearly defined he was in pain. And only a person in pain knows how it feels.

They walked into the mist, everyone was walking in the opposite direction. Maybe she was leading herself to a new life, but she knew she could never move on. For the first time she stepped out of Mumbai, and for the first time she left mumbai.

Hello 🙃
This book is a short story collection, starting with the one I always had on my mind.
you can surely give me a prompt or topic on which you want to get a story from me. Lots of lol..sorry love. 🤭

Tanvi 💫