you're the reason

───── ⋆⋅ ☾ ⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ─────

I avoid the reflections and windows as I slowly slide down the roof.

I've snuck out of houses too many times to be shitty at this. My dads never caught me so I'd say I'm pretty skilled...

I grab onto the wood holding the vines to the rock wall and step down it quickly. I stop in my tracks as I see Steven being driven away in a van

Layla climbs down as I hear Sorah bitch beside me. "You aren't even going to go after him? Really?"

I grumble and Layla says "They took him!"

I nod and say "Looks like it, and he even left willingly. That was an easy arrest. I would have at least put up a little bit of a fight. I'm gonna go call my father—"

"You can't do that. You have to help me find him!"

My eyes widen and I say "Me? You want me to? I'm really not who you think I am. I'm not lying."

Layla says "You and Marc are being so annoying with these acts. It's getting old. Come on. They're after this." She shows me the golden scarab or broach?

I shrug and say "Then we use it as a trade. Steven for the weird broach."

"You idiot. Marc can handle himself if Steven gives him control like you should for me. I can solve everything with your release of control. Come on..."

I grumble and Layla says "It's a scarab... And how about we use it as it's intended and you summon the suit."

"Oooo goody! Listen to her!"

I shake my head and say "I'm not surrendering control, Layla. If I do that I'll kill innocent people and I don't want to do that."

"I don't kill innocent people. Are you stupid?"

She sighs and says "Come on. Let's at least find Marc. He'll summon his suit, you weenie."

"Did you just call me a weenie?"

She smiles and says "Yes. Yes I did."

I chuckle and say "Alright, let's go. I have a resource who can probably help us, if we end up being kidnapped also."

She nods and says "Uh... all I have is my vespa."

I look to it and say "Oh my goodness. It's so cute. I love the color!"

She looks to me surprised and I say "It reminds me of those old classic movies..."

She nods and says "Or those cheesy European romance novels my mother used to read about Italian guys."

I laugh and say "My mom loved those!"

We both laugh and I say "Or that Italian Disney movie. That one.. that was so cute, Luca!"