the tomb kiss

---------------------- :) ---------------------

I shake Steven saying "Steven. Steven wake up!"

Layla spins as she hears a car approach. She looks to me and says "Car!"

Bullets begin to be fired and she starts rolling down the dune as I push Steven and myself down the dune

Layla says "come on. Leave him.."

I hesitate as she pulls my arm forward as we run. We move quickly as we get into the truck. I look to the flares as Layla ducks

I mutter "I hope he's alright.."

I clear my throat and say "I don't see weapons but there's flairs. Got any good ideas?"

"I've got a bad idea, but it might just work."

I nod to her saying "I-I'm in."

Quickly she hands me a flair and says "Do as I do, okay?"

I nod and quickly she lights both of them and we stand on opposite sides of the vehicle.

The flair loudly burning in our hands. They shout "There they are!"

They begin to shoot and round the car as I grab Layla's arm pulling her to my side of the car and we both chuck our flares towards the large stock pile of ammunition on the back of the vehicle.

It blows up and the men die I assume.

Layla says "What?"

I look over and jump "AHH!"

Layla says "Relax." I sigh as I look to Steven and say "You can't creep up on me like that. You scared me." He smiles to me and Layla says "Come on, let's move alright?"

I nod and we walk to our bullet ridden vehicle. Layla says "I'll go back and find your family Genevieve, I need to address a lead I found there too anyway."

I look to her saying "What? But—"

Layla says "You'll be alright, worst comes to worst Sorah or Marc will know the way. They know enough."

I clear my throat saying "no."

She says "What?"

"We can't do this without you, Layla. It's a group effort."

She says "Your resource, she knows something right?"

I nod and she says "We will meet you here right after, Ra, your grandfather he can help us out right, with the whole travel thing?"

Sorah says "yeah. He'll help."

I nod and say "Yeah. He's in."

Layla says "We're gonna need Marc right?"

Steven says "No. Him and I made a deal. That he would disappear for good from me."

Layla says "He just made that deal without a disregard for leaving my life? And you didn't think that I should have been aware of that?"