she's back

────── ✿ ──────

────── ✿ ──────

Layla grabs my wrist and pulls me towards Marc as he stares at the juice vendor retreating quickly. I say "You never were good with conversations."

Layla chimes in "Or undercover work. Hope you like attention. Right guy, right place. But you're not Egyptian."

He turns towards us and sighs "Layla, what the hell are you doing here? You shouldn't be here."

I shrug saying "Why not? I kind of like her around now."

Marc sighs and Layla says "Why? Because my name pisses off a few people in Cairo? Who fucking cares?"

I look to Marc as he says "It's not the locals that I'm worried about."

Layla says "Come with me. I'll help you find what you need."

Marc looks to me and Layla says "You too Sorah."

I nod and say "Alright."

Before we know it we're on a boat in the river playing middle eastern music. I smile as the woman beside me continues conversing with her family.

Marc looks to me suspectfully as I fill in some of their questions with Arabic answers.

"Is that your husband?" They ask in Arabic

I shake my head saying "No. I think my family would freak out if he was."

"I heard that Sorah." He gives me a look. I scoot farther away from him, continuing to talk to the nice woman

 I scoot farther away from him, continuing to talk to the nice woman

She explains her whole life story and who she could set me up with.

The woman nods saying a few minutes later "He seems very close with the other woman."

I look back to Marc and Layla as they hold hands and I hear him say "I am sorry. For whatever it's worth."

I sigh and the woman pulls me to my feet. I look at her as I smile and she spins me and I sway to the music with them.