deserved

· ─────── · ✵ · ─────── ·

Staring at the spinning ceiling fan as I grow uneasy at anything and everything as Marc speaks in Arabic over the phone at the edge of the room. Genevieve says "You have to help Steven, Please Sorah."

"Go away." I don't even entertain the possibility of a discussion on the matter

Marc nods to his conversation and continues speaking.

There's suddenly loud pounding on the door and Marc quickly looks to me with a suspicious confusion as I stand up from the chair questioningly.

He reaches for the gun and the loud banging on the door continues.

Marc grabs the gun as Archie Kekoa, Genie's father, starts shouting "Open the god damn door! Before I kick it down you son of a bitch!"

I don't think I've heard him this angry.

Uh oh. I angered a scary little man. What's the worst he could possibly try to do? Ground me? I'm intimidated. Most definitely...

I roll my eyes and freeze as Genie says "Let me have control! It's my father! Sorah!"

I grumble and say "I know who it is. And no.. you'll just get in the way. I've had enough of your annoying antics. I've lost my patience."

"Like you fucking had any patience to begin with! Give me the body!"

Marc says "Sorah?" expecting a response from me on our next course of action. Confusion on his end flushing his features as he grows wary of the man on the other side of the door.

Marc clears his throat and mutters "leave me be Steven..." he's already fighting his inner demons while mine bitches and irritates me on my end

Genevieve says "Don't let him hurt my dad! He's going to shoot him! Stop him! Sorah! Give me control!"

I push Marc out of the way and open the door. Archie stares at me, eyeing my behavior and me in general, his read on me is wavering as I watch his surprised expression flush to a mixture of anger and confusion with a underlying fear of something bigger than we know and Billie quickly hugs me tightly.

He looks me over annoyed, gaining his composure once again and says "Billie, that is not your sister."

His hand reaching for Billie's shoulder as he pulls her back towards him

Marc says "Sorah? He can tell?"

I grumble and say "Khonshu didn't tell you, Marc? Archie here used to be his avatar prior to Arthur. He knows the ins and outs of the avatar life, it's how he met

We hold intense eye contact, Archie and I, as he says "You were supposed to leave our family alone. Ra already resulted in their mothers death. We don't need to lose Genie either."