chapter four ✧

{katherine in the picture}

∙∘୨୧∘

they all end up watching the avengers because it was the only movie that they could all agree on watching.

calum and michael were on one couch, michael had his head burried in the crook of calum's neck and an occasional noise would escape calum's lips.

luke and katherine were sitting on the floor with a blanket draped around them.

and of course, riley was snuggled up to ashton on the second couch.

when the movie ended riley felt a bit relieved because she was not really in the mood to be sitting around watching a screen.

"do you guys wanna do something else now? it's still kinda early." calum spoke up. michael wrapped his arms around calum's neck. "what about truth or dare?" he suggested.

ashton immediately spoke up, "no way. we are not playing truth or dare with riley around, especially not the way you guys play truth or dare."

"c'mon ash she's already sixteen, we can consider her a big kid now" katherine says while eyeing riley.

"we all wanna play" calum butts in.

riley begins feeling uncomfortable excuses herself to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

"hey princess" luke says, leaning against the fridge.

"hello luke"

"what're you doing in the kitchen?" he asks curiously.

"i am just going to grab a glass of water" she says and looks anywhere but at luke.

"i would believe you except for the fact that you have a water bottle half full in the living room" luke smirks at her knowing that he caught her in her own lie.

riley looks up at him in confusion and decides that it is better to just tell him that the conversation outside was making her uncomfortable and that she really did not want to be in this house anymore.

"so why don't we go for a walk, just the two of us?" luke suggests.

"you mean it?"

"yeah c'mon" without a second thought luke entwines his hand with riley's and he runs towards the door, shouting that they're leaving and won't come back.

∙∘୨୧∘

"is there a specific place you want to go to?" luke asks. his hand was still entwined with riley's and he couldn't deny that fact that he loved the feeling of her small hand pressed against his bigger ones with their fingers entwined.

"i want to show you something" riley said with confidence, something that she hardly ever had with people she had just met.

"okay then lead the way princess" that was all the encouragement riley needed to pull luke in the direction of her house.

even when they arrived, their hands did not let go of each other. riley really like holding hands with luke. she has held hands with liam, niall ashton and even calum but never like this. everyone else held her hand so that she would not get lost but with luke it just felt different, a good different. a very good different.

riley opened up the shop and once her and luke where inside she locked it again.

"c'mon" riley started going up the stairs and luke followed closely behind.

"i didn't know you lived here." luke admits while looking around.

"yeah, liam inherited the store from our grandparents and when he turned eighteen, i came to live with him." riley entwined their hands again and led him to a door.

the frame of the door was covered in flowers that riley had put. they were real flowers and she would change them every week. riley opened the door and when luke walked in, all he could think was riley.

her room was an actual representation of who she was. the walls were painted a pink, almost white, shade of pink and her comforter was the same color. she had a book shelf that was filled with books from top to bottom and they all seemed to be of different genres. she had flowers throughout her whole room and she had a couple of fairy lights glowing from the ceiling. the room gave off a soft and delicate vibe that just screamed riley.

before luke had an opportunity to examine the room any further, riley was already leading him outside towards a balcony.

the balcony was very nicely decorated. the floor was layered with blankets and pillows, there was a stack of books on one corner and on the other corner there was a microscope and a record player. luke wished that he had brought his camera with him. he felt riley's lips brush against his ear as she whispered something into his ear, "look up".

luke did as we was told and the sight above him made him gasp. there were hundreds and hundreds of stars spread throughout the entire night sky. he lied down on the blankets and stared in awe for a few moments.

"lie down with me" riley complied to luke's demand. she was a couple of feet away from him and luke chuckled while scooting closer to her.

they just laid down in comfortable silence for a while before luke spoke up.

"my full name is luke robert hemmings. i love taking photographs and i love writing in my journal. my favorite color is black and my favorite drink is coffee." riley looked over at him in confusion and he sent her a side grin, "your turn."

"oh um.. well, my full name is riley payne. i love to read and make flower crowns. my favorite color is pink and i enjoy drinking tea and strawberry milkshakes." she smiled contently.

"you're so cute." luke stated bluntly. "you're very small and delicate, and you're also very feminine and you have really big eyes. in fact, i think you may be the definition of the word cute, princess."

"i like that."

"being cute?" luke questioned and riley smiled at him.

"no, being called princess" she says looking down. luke scoots even closer to her and he pulls her closer so that her head is now laying on his chest.

he thinks back to yesterday when he thought he didn't like the energy that riley carried, but he was wrong. so so so wrong. it turns out that he really likes her smallness and kindness and also her lack of conjunctions. he just wasn't used to it because all of his friends are different from riley. very different.

he kisses riley's forehead and riley looks up at him. they make eye contact for a little bit and then riley leans in and presses a kiss to his cheek.

her lips feel so soft when pressed against his cheek and he can't help but want them to be pressed against his lips instead. he doesn't kiss her though because he doesn't want to make her uncomfortable especially not in such a wonderful moment.

after a while riley's breathing steadies and luke looks down to be met with a sleeping riley. he smiles at her fondly and kisses her forehead again. he closes his eyes and before he falls asleep to riley's soft breaths and strawberry scent, he whispered one last thing.

"i really like this, princess."

∙∘୨୧∘

two updates in less than a week.

don't worry he is going to call her babygirl soon but for now it's princess.

vote ∙∘୨୧∘ comment