chapter nine ✧

riley woke up in her own bed despite distinctly remembering drifting off to sleep in the living room during toy story 3.

ashton was in bed with her and he had his arm draped around her waist.

ashton stopped sleeping on the couch a long time ago and now he either slept with liam or with riley.

riley rubbed her eyes and let out a small yawn. she removed ashton's arm from herself ,carefully as to not wake the sleeping boy, and then she slipped on some socks and made her way to the bathroom.

when she finished up in the bathroom, ashton was still fast asleep so she pressed a delicate kiss to his temple and made her way to the living room.

"good morning niall" riley said and plopped down on the couch next to the blonde.

"good morning riley" niall smiled at his boyfriend's sister and then they both put their focus back on the television that was showing some cartoons.

"so luke huh?" niall asked casually.

riley could not help the blush that overcame her cheeks at the thought of the tall blue-eyed boy.

"he is very nice to me if that is what you are wondering"

"hopefully not too nice" niall commented and they stayed silent for a while.

how can somebody be too nice? riley thought but shrugged it off.

after a bit of watching television together, niall got up and decided that liam and ashton would be up soon and that he should get started on breakfast.

riley could not help to think about luke.

she thought about his eyes and how blue they were but also how emotionless they could be at times. she thought about the pretty tattoos splattered across his arms and chest and about how she wanted to run her hands across them. she also thought of his love for photographs and how endearing that was. luke was lovely, he just didn't know it.

"riley do you want to help me set the table?" niall asked and riley looked up from the television and nodded.

as riley finished setting up the table, ashton and liam came in and were inhaling the smell of eggs, toast and coffee dramatically.

"smells amazing" both ashton and liam said as they took a seat.

"and it tastes amazing because i cooked it myself" niall gave everyone their food before sitting down next to liam.

"so riley are you going to tell us about your little friend from the other day?" liam asked.

"to be fair he wasn't very little" ashton added.

"his name is luke, he is a photographer who has very pretty tattoos.. oh and he is close friends with calum"

liam made a mental note to ask calum about luke later.

"he seems pretty intimidating" niall admitted.

"i do not think he is intimidating, he is quiet nice." and with that being said they all changed the topic and ate a little quicker because they had to open up shop soon.

∙∘୨୧∘

riley's shift had ended and she made her way to the booth were ashton was currently sitting at. she sat down and smiled widely at him and he eyed her suspiciously.

"alright spit it out what do you want from me?" he asked getting straight to the point.

"i was hoping that you could take me to the bookstore on fifth avenue?"