not what you bargained for

Alright the picture has nothing to do with this chapter...but it is soooo true xD

Pete's P.O.V

I don't go to sleep. I need to watch over Patrick, to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. And I guess having insomnia makes things a lot easier.

I shift my arm around his waist and he burries into my chest. He makes a snuffle sound and continues snoring softly.
.
.
He's adorable.
.
.
That's when it occurs to me.

I like Patrick.

That's............That's okay. I never was the "only one type of gender" guy. And no one in the band is homophobic. I could have a chance. But, does Patrick even like men? Or more importantly, does he even like me? He did let me kiss him.  And the kiss was peaceful, loving, and.....just so Patrick.

Patrick begins to stir awake and slowly stretches. He looks confused about his surroundings, then a frown appears on his face. He remembers. With a small, barely hearable sigh, he looks up at me. A faint pinkness appears on his face as he sighs again. "You didn't sleep." I nod and scoot over a little. He sits up and continues to stretch, making a happy noise when his back pops. When he's done he glances over at me. "Why?" I shrug. "You are more important." It's the truth, Patrick IS important. I was focused on sluts is short skirts. But now, I have my eyes on an adorable man that wears fedoras. And that adorable man will be mine.
.
.
Patrick's P.O.V

You kept him awake, way to go fatass!

I shake the voice away and look back at Pete. He had left the hospital bed and was now sitting in the chair. I could tell he wasn't planning on leaving no time soon. I was about to open my mouth, to ask about our....incident, when Alan walked in. Alan was followed in by a VERY tall doctor with a lot of tattoos and dark shaggyish hair. He looks very intimidating, but his eyes are warm and loving. The doctor smiled at me and stuck out his hand. "Hi I'm doctor Carlile, but you can call me Austin." I shake his hand and give him a smile back. Alan leans over and whispers "That's my boyfriend I was talking about, very gentle, but in bed he-" "ALAN!" Alan burst out laughing as Austin's face heats up. He shakes his head and looks down at the papers he has. "Alright Mr. Stump, you are hear for......oh...." I give him a sad look and he sighs. Pete had moved from his chair and was now sitting on the edge of the bed listening. Austin clears his throat and continues reading. "You are hear for...: severe cases of anorexia, bulimia, and self harm/suicidal thoughts." Alan does a tiny gasp and runs over to me. He pulls me in for a hug and pets my hair. "You'll be alright Patrick. It goes away, I promise you. It may seem like a horrible thing, but it brought me and Austin together. Maybe it can bring you and your special someone together." I feel my cheeks go red when Pete glances at me, his eyes full of curiousity.

A few minutes later and it's just Pete and I in the room. He walks over to me and puts his hand in mine. I look at him in confusion and freeze when he puts his lips onto mine. I hesitantly kiss back, unsure of why he was even kissing me. He grins into the kiss and pulls away. "You like me?" I slowly nod. My hearts beating fast, my mind is hazy, my stomache is fluttering, it feels funny....but nice. He pulls back from me and jumps up and down screaming "HE LIKES ME!" I quickly try to calm him down and he does eventually and keeps smiling. He gently put my face in his hands. He looks me in the eyes and says something out of my many dreams about him.

"Patrick Stump, will you, and your beautiful, crazy, and undeniably perfect self, be my boyfriend?"

He's lying! Don't trust him! No one loves you!

I reply with the answer I have rehearsed so many times.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"No."

I feel so evil....\(._.\) but, I have this planned in my head. Don't worry.....you know what....worry. YOU SHOULD WORRY! Anyways, the next chapter is where his answer will be explained. Love ya guys! ~burntfailsafe~