Aster

Full NameAster D'YewAliasThe Attuned super-fan (By Beckett and Katrina)Eye ColorGreenHair ColorBrown with a white flower in hair

skin

Green
Date of barth July 4
Family Taxus (Grandfather)
Yarrow (Father)
Unnamed Mother
Unnamed Sibling Saplings

Anathema (Aunt)

StatusAlivePersonalityCurious
Studious

She is curious about all things pertaining to attuned magick Andres to try and teach her a spell (or vice versa).

Relationship

Andres told her that he find her branching ability fascinating once he get over her eyes going all gateway to the Underworld.

Father

Aster's father Yarrow does not want her to attend Penderghast. He feels Attuned only bring trouble and does not want her to associate with them. It is because of the history between wood nymphs and the Attuned that stretches back to the Wand Wars; it happened when her grandfather had not yet rooted and her father was young, long before her time.

Mother

Her mother hasn't rooted yet, but wants to grow in a nice piece of ground next to Aster's father. She doesn't go out much. After the previous events, Aster tells Andres that her mother may be the only one who supports her going to Penderghast now. The rest of her family wants her to quit.

Powers and Abilities

She reveals that as a wood nymph, she exists in harmony with the world around her in a way that attuned simply can't. She goes onto explain that rather than using magick to accomplish specific goals the way attuned cast spells, wood nymphs let the natural energy of the world guide them through their days. Wood nymphs also don't have much in the way of offensive magick. This is because most of their magick has to do with nurturing, cultivating and healing.

Branching: She explains to Andres that it is her ability to extend her awareness into the trees around her, to see and hear what they do. It's how she can tap into the discussions that are always happening in the natural world around us. She explains that she's been able to do so for some time, and that while branching may look unsightly, it is natural nymph magick and there's nothing sinister about it. However, she calls it tricky magick because sometimes she is unable to prevent her sight from slipping away from her. Aster states that sometimes the trees want to show her things, so they draw herinto them so that she can see what they're seeing. It can be difficult to understand them at times, since they primarily communicate through sight and feelings. They rarely try to speak to her like they do. Since she does not know their ancient language. She developed this ability when she was only five years old. She confides in you that it is difficult and dangerous to extend Andres consciousness outside of his own body. This is because you're basically untethering himself from your physical form. As a result, just as Attuned must be careful not to attempt magick beyond their abilities, wood nymphs must also be aware of their own boundaries when branching.Spellwork: Andres tries to teach her. However, it doesn't come out quite the same and she struggles with it. She explains that the reason for this is that each other's magickal foundations may be too different to fully grasp each other's methods of spellwork.