The exam

Andres prov
( The morning after your encounter with the creature in your dorm, you stumble out of your room and shuffle to the campus dining hall...)

( Which is already busting with activity! Students line up at a buffet in the center, piled high with odd-looking foods. You notice that every time a student takes a dish, another one reappears out of then air.)

Andres: Whoa! I don't know if I'll ever get used to this place.

( You find Shreya at the back of the line, behind a tall student with brilliant pink hair and tiny horns poking out from his temples.)

Shreya: So, Andres. How're you feeling after...

Andres:...Discovering that this whole time I've actually been a magican... Wizard? Witch?

Shreya: Attund, acrually.

Andres: Okay, Attuned. I'm basically feeling all the emotions at once. Weird and excited and confused and scared. I mean... What was that shadow thing that attacked me last night?!

( Sevrel students in line turn toward you, but Shreya glares at them, one eyebrow cocked, and they quickly turn back around.)

Shreya: Maybe don't tell the whole school about it! We don't know for sure what that thing was... or what any of this means.

Andres: Keep quiet...? Fine. We'll talk privately late. I guess we can table it for now, I'm just... Honestly, I'm freaking out a little.

Shreya: And I totally get that. But for now let's keep this between us while we figure it out. Besides, I don't actually know what that thing was. I tried doing some research and come up utterly short.

( The line moves foward, and you find yourself barely able to keep up.)

Andres: Ugh, I'm exhausted. I basically passed out after... The 'incident' last night. Which means I got, like, two hundred hours of sleep. So why does it feel like I just got run over by a truck? And I'm so hungry! Like eat an entire pizza by myself hungry.

Shreya: You are so Tunelees, it's adorable. Magick uses up a ton of energy. Especially when you cost whatever crazy powerful spell that was last night... To be perfectly honest, i've never in my life seen a casting that looked like that!

Andres: What are you saying?

Shreya: I'm saying that whatever spell you shot off last night was packing some insane energies, Mr. 'Woe is me, I have no magick. So you're starving because that blast sucked all of the food out of you essentitally. This is probably the only time you'll hear me say this... But you should... carbaload.

( She says the last word in a whisper, then immediately covers her mouth with her hands.)

Andres: Good to know. Thanks, Shreya.

( You reach the front of the line, and shreya gestures across the table piled high with crystalline fruits, egg tarts shaped like cats and toads, and even a whole roasted pig.)

Shreya: Behold! The miracle of a magic breackfast. Covers the entire food pyramid, and everything in between.

( In front you rests a giant bowl of yellowish alphabet cereal, the letters shifting randomly in a pool of glittering green-tinted liqud.)

Andres: What is this stuff?

Shreya: Prphecy O's. They're more like fortune cookie fortunes than actual prophecis, but they're still a lot of fun.

( Next to that is a tray of blue sunny-side up eggs with what looks like an eye in each yolk.)

Andres: Uh...