8. Preparation, Plans and Sisters

'If we don't end war, then war will end us'

Nyx and Hemera relentlessly trained the armies in the large arena, following the orders of their General.

They worried for Perseus. While he was the most advanced fighter that the world had seen in eons, he was reckless when he lost patience.

They were snapped out of their thoughts when the door to the arena was loudly opened and a man covered in golden blood marched in with a legion of heavily armed skeletal soldiers behind him. All around the room, the monsters of the army lifted their spears slightly into the air and hit them onto the ground in unison, standing at attention as their commander walked with his head held high towards the two primordial women.

The women ignored the fact that he was covered in blood and dashed forward, hugging him tightly. He laughed quietly. After what seemed like forever, they finally pulled away.

"Did you-." He cut Nyx off, nodding.

"Have you forgotten who I am?" He smiled at her. "I never fail."

Perseus turned to his army, regarding anyone that moved with a stern look. The arena was filled. There were no less that 3000 highly trained monsters in the room, all wielding weapons from firearms, to swords to knives and bows.

"Gear up and prepare for war. We launch from the minute I return in battle gear. On the way back here, we spotted the enemy camp. They are resting right now. We use this to our advantage. We go in quietly and infiltrate as much of their ranks as we can until they fully begin to defend. They will not be ready, as their plans were to attack us in two days. They will be off their guard. We go in, we strike and we kill anyone that tries to block our way. Clear?"

The monsters up-roared in agreement.

Perseus looked at the two primordial women that stared at him. He gestured to them to follow him as he walked towards the door of the arena, heading straight toward the armory.

When they all stepped in, he closed the metal gate behind them. He threw a breastplate each to them and a black, light one for himself. He set his onto the bench, while he snapped his fingers once, cleaning himself off completely and changing his clothes.

He now wore black military pants and a black combat sweater that hugged his muscles and black tactical boots. He took the light breastplate up and strapped it securely onto himself before proceeding to the weapons locker.

He scanned through the firearms, picking up a modern handgun and securing it in the black holster strapped around his calf. He took out 3 ACR Assault Rifles and placed them onto the counter. He looked at the two women as they prepared themselves and picked up the firearms.

He placed his hands on the table.

"This is it." His red eyes began to darken. "Are you all both clear on the plans?" They both nodded and Perseus inhaled sharply.

"We cannot kill Tartarus. He is a primordial. If he dies then his domain will erupt into chaos. That will affect us down here, as well as the mortal world above, and for as much as I hate the people up there, I still have my mother."

"We have to incapacitate and restrain him. That is the only way for us to win this without destroying the world." He finished.

He picked up the remaining firearm from the counter and held it with one hand, the muzzle facing the ground. He looked like a true soldier. Both primordial women followed his movements.

"Nyx. Get the drainage chains ready. When we immobilize him, we bring him here. We will put him in the cells below. We will need to restrain him with them. It will disable the use of his power and weaken him."