Why Couldn't You Stay Away

Notes: My AU, Chuuya leaves the Mafia and goes to America. Dazai stays and became the boss of the Port Mafia. They dated for a while before Chuuya left. Chuuya broke up with Dazai via note.

they're 22 by the way!

It was a chilly Friday evening. Upon returning from work, Chuuya was greeted by his loving boyfriend. After escaping the Port Mafia, Chuuya had decided to flee abroad. The feeling of always being second became too tiring for him. Consequently, Chuuya decided to place himself first.

 "Oh, Chuuya you're home! I was just about to start dinner. Not to mention, Happy 2-year anniversary! I know how much you love your tacky hats, so I bought you some leather gloves to match!

"Oi, that's rude, y'know! Anyway, thank you... Mark. "

"Sorry I didn't hear you my love, could you repeat that one more time?" Mark asked as smile spreading across his face.

"I said, thank you." A blush was quickly covering Chuuya's face. "What was that Chuuya?" 

 "I SAID THANK YOU MARK!"

A blushing Chuuya quickly covers his face as he stomps to the bathroom.  The other man only chuckles as a response. 

It's been 4 years since I left, 4 years since I've seen Da-..." 

"Chuuya, hurry up!" After hearing this, Chuuya loses his train of thought and jumps into the bath. It's not like he's going to see Dazai again anyway.

2 months later.

Chuuya was on his way to his job as a detective. He noticed someone in the distance he thought he knew... Though he didn't have time to think about it, he needed to make sure he got onto the subway.

Chuuya kept an uneasy feeling. As if he was being watched. In the past his instincts were never wrong, it's what kept him alive. "I'm not in the mafia anymore, nor the king of sheep. Maybe I'm just sick?" Chuuya thought to himself. Slowly but surely Chuuya finally made it to the subway gate. Swiping his card, Chuuya entered. When he turned around, Chuuya caught a glimpse of auburn hair and a hand with bandages wrapped around it. "Dazai" Chuuya mumbled.

Eventually, Chuuya made it to work, there was nothing too much to do in the office. Everything was slow. It was around 7:00 p.m. when Chuuya finished work. He wanted to work overtime for a case he was assigned. He always did like to get things done. In fact, Chuuya prided himself on it. He was one of the best workers in his agency. By 7:30 Chuuya made it home. He sees Mark on the couch. Probably waiting for him. Along with his dinner on the table. Chuuya takes off the hat that Mark gave him and hangs it on the coat rack same with his black jacket.

Chuuya sits down on the couch, pulling off one of his gloves and playing with Mark's hair. "I don't know what I'm going to do," Chuuya sighed. "Do what love?" Mark said with a groggy voice. "I'll tell you tomorrow, don't worry just the case I was assigned" Chuuya responds. "Now let's head to bed Mark," Chuuya says while reaching out his hand to lead Mark to the bedroom.

Chuuya just couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. In the past, Dazai used to bug Chuuya's apartment. But it was a different feeling this time. One he couldn't explain. So, he took a few days off just to make sure everything was ok (along with cheek for bugs plated anywhere and hope Mark didn't notice). Chuuya also knew that Mark enjoyed him staying home for a short amount of time, and so did Chuuya. That was until Mark brought something up. Something Chuuya was not ready for.

Author's Notes!

Ok, I re- re did this... again. After getting a comment about how this was a little fast, I decided to pace it! I don't know how long this is going to be... but I really like making this. And thank you for reading this! (Sorry for any typos) One more thing, if you want to see any ship leave it down in the comments, please. I would love to fulfill your request!