Wedding

It was a cold evening. The first flake of snow had fallen. That day Chuuya had received a letter. An invitation to a wedding, Dazai's.

At the table closest to the stage, Chuuya watched as the grooms sat side-by-side. Just minutes before, they had exchanged vows. Dazai was sitting proud, his tall, dirty blonde neighbor with deep, green piercing eyes scolding him to be quiet. Both grooms wore white. It was their wedding day after all.

There was no turning back now. Chuuya stood up and walked toward the center of the stage. His curly copper hair was neatly gathered into a bun. With an indigo suit meticulously ironed, and his signature choker. Chuuya looked at the crowd as he paused and began his speech.

"If you would please give me your attention, it is time for me to make my toast, as the, Best Man," Chuuya smiled.

All eyes focused on him except one. There was something about him that would capture everyone's attention. Except, Dazai's.

"As is tradition, I offer a toast to the newlyweds. From someone who hopes you both will hold each other close to your hearts. To your bond. May you both, be satisfied."

Chuuya choked. There was a laugh in his voice.

"I've written this speech more than a million times," wiping a tear from his cheek. Most would think the redhead was crying tears of joy. Except Dazai. The man saw through Chuuya. No matter how much the man tried to deny it. He was vulnerable to Dazai's gaze.

" I knew what I wanted to say to both of you, but now that it's happening... I'm just so happy for you!"

Chuuya's eyes narrowed, a smile played across his face. However, it's nothing like the real thing.

The words came to him in their natural state. Now that he was here, Chuuya gasped for air, though he continued to smile.

Later on, Dazai and his husband had a brief conversation with Chuuya. Saying thanks then moved onto the next guests.

Sitting in the corner with a glass of red wine during the wedding after-party. Chuuya watched as Dazai teased his husband,. His bottom lip was pursed in response. Chuuya desperately needed fresh air. Walking past everyone, he made it to the balcony. Night skies remind him of the day
Dazai brought him to the Mafia.

His first view of Dazai was from a distance. Chuuya was overwhelmed by the gloom in the brunette's eyes. It was intriguing and frightening at the same time.

Dazai's hair was mermaid-like in messy curls with bangs that framed his face. Not to mention the bandages that adorned the man's body.

To think I could change such a man.

Chuuya was just another fool to fall in love.
At first, when Dazai opened his mouth Chuuya thought he was repulsive. Though as they got closer.

The redhead had learned to rely on someone again. But just as quickly as the blocks stacked they just fell faster, leading him to know that the lonely moments just got lonelier the longer he was in love.

Chuuya was too naïve. He was a king who got fooled by a joker. He would have listened to Kouyou if he knew how it would all turn out.

In the past, he and Dazai would sneak out to the rooftop of buildings. From there you could see all of Yokohama. He enjoyed it when they would whisper sweet nothings to each other, being able to bask in each other's warmth. Gazing at the stars as if they could walk to the top of the night sky.

"Dazai, why do you wear bandages?" Chuuya asked, hoping to get closer to his... partner.

"Well, it's something a slug like you wouldn't understand."