𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

Business dinners have always been a tactic that rich people like to use. If you refuse to go to one, you better have a great excuse, or it may seem like you don't wish to become that close of a partner.

The Hale's like it. Their schemes in form of dinners are always about whether or not a company will miss them when they threaten to cut ties. And the sad thing is, they do help out a lot for any business, so, no one ever dares to.

They already did this at the time your father owned the company. They weren't as regular as they are now since Patricia took the place of her mother. But they still existed. You remember till this day watching your parents getting ready for some of them. They always ended late, so, you would never know if they had fun or not.

Judging by how quickly they agreed on you going this year, it must not be as fun as you think.

Patricia Hale is not your usual crowd to hang out with. If you even have one. She's the polar opposite of you. A very modest woman, with an overly sweet and high-pitched voice. She loves her children very much, and she might even be one to show you as many pictures as you can think of them - funny how these photo gallery moments only happen when she's starting to not enjoy the conversation.

She's around her late 40's, and still a very respectable woman. She's a businesswoman who came from a family of many others just like herself. Her mother, her grandmother, and so on. You could even come close to describing her as quite an icon to the businesswomen in Gotham. But you're not one to ever admit such things.

Especially when you know that they're known for threatening to abandon business at any point you get them upset. No matter how powerful, she knows her dinners are still a tradition in her business. She uses them to the best of her ability. And you're just not a fan of it.

Thankfully, your mother tonight didn't care enough to see what clothes you would wear. A comfy Saturday night in her warm apartment made more sense to her than to even check on her daughter before she got driven off to the chilling apartment of Patricia Hale. Understandable, you do have to admit.

You may or may not have taken a little too much time choosing what to wear. You had already decided on make-up before you had even worked out a color to choose for the dress. Patricia can be a bit prude when it comes to clothing, and you're not about to make someone uncomfortable in their own home. So, you might have to come home and deal with a pile of clothes on your bed later.

You choose a very dark blue dress (almost black), with a straight neckline which so happened to be modest enough. You had to look at yourself from too many angles to even be close to deciding whether or not it was too low, or in case you ever had to lean down. It's long-sleeved and the fabric is still tight around you, showing off your body. It's just the right length and slit on the side - letting your legs not die out of poor blood circulation.

Jewelry was quite easy, even when you had to multitask between that and look through your shoe display for the perfect pair of heels. And, surprisingly, you were out of the door just in time. You will still get there slightly late, but it's not like everyone else also isn't.

When the car finally comes to a stop, you eye the tall building of nothing but luxurious apartments. Penthouses. You wouldn't know much more about them. The last time you came to one of these dinners, Patricia decided to have it at a restaurant. And everything before that was your father that dealt with them.

Your door opens after the soft knock and you squint slightly at the bright flash of cameras. Of course, how could have you forgotten? The media also happens to be the ones that know about this dinner. They're the first to know who refused the invites and who came. Always, just in time for a headline in the next morning.