𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧

You let out the biggest sigh of the day as soon as you walk out of the elevator and into your home. You are quick to lean over the wall to take off your heels and let your bag fall from your shoulder to your hand. As well as turn on the lights as you move along the cold tiles of your apartment floor and leave your bag by the kitchen counter as you get close enough to it. Your body is on autopilot, at this point.

To say today was stressful at work is a real understatement. Everyone seemed to be in a bad mood over something, and you had to endure it all while on the phone with them. Your workers were doing their best in the middle of the chaos - that is a partner overreacting over a missing file in his drive.

In his defense, your partner is quite an older man and very much useless with technology. He has not been the easiest to work with through screens.

Your mother also decided to come by the office, which was very much unwanted on your part. As one can imagine, you were busy. Your desk was full of documents to sign, and you had a partner and his team on the line. They were ready to arrange a new affair that has to do with your business. While that happened, your assistant was in front of you trying to help you look for a certain document.

It was all a mess, and your mom got in the room, sat down, and watched you do all of it. To say you were quite aggravated is an understatement, again.

After everything was settled, you had more people coming into your office, and your mom still wanted to talk to you about something. She waited while distracted by her phone, and you caught yourself glaring at her.

All of it was just to talk about a restaurant for this week's dinner. You were ready to scream at that point.

The last few hours in the office were much better. You still had a lot to do, but it was still not as chaotic as the whole rest of your day.

It also has been a week since your night at the Tower. No one suspected or knew of a thing, and your driver didn't even find it weird that you did not need a ride. All of it was covered with a little white lie of how you were tipsy and couldn't find the car at the end of the night, so you caught a cab. It was much easier than you thought.

You walk over to your bathroom and start the shower. You already had started taking off your clothes on the way down the hall, so it was just a few more pieces of clothing, and you were under the water.

After a relaxing shower, you step out and walk out to your bedroom. You grab a white tank top and some underwear. And, after taking some time to dry yourself, you put on your clothes. Right as you're about to reach for the products for your hair, you hear a faint sound coming from the other side of the apartment.

It was like something falling or being harshly put down. You're not sure what it was but you don't see yourself being exactly capable of defending yourself (or even having enough courage to check on what it was).

You stay still for a few seconds, trying to hear if there is any other sound. It could always be your bag that fell from the counter or something similar to that. You tell yourself that many times before even starting to open the products and grab your hairbrush.

Taking care of your wet hair takes a bit of time, and, thankfully, you don't hear any other noises coming from the other side of the apartment. You found yourself many times checking if you have your phone with you, in case of an emergency... but then you remembered that you left it in your bag.

You turn off the lights in the bathroom and check your bedroom. Empty, just as you would assume. You begin to relax as you walk out of the bedroom and make your way down the hallway. Everything is just as you left it, and the alarm of the apartment's fire escape door seems to still be active.