1

Sarvayoni's:

'It's payment time.' The Supervisor announced, rubbing his dirty hands all over his chin. A few of his pimples have popped open where the trickle of blood with some fluid is smudged over the place. I grimaced in disgust at the sight of the frowning man. His mustache itched from the two sides of his upper lips as a permanent displeased expression is plastered on his ugly face.

Mad-Manish, as my co-workers like to call him, is a pain in the ass for an employer. He is a crook who likes to shout profanities like he is chanting a mantra, is never satisfied no matter how hard one works, and is a pro at finding defects. But, he is extremely successful in managing the inherited bar: The Rajbhog, and helping the enemies in disguise, like myself, unconsciously.

The noise of the cutleries clashing immediately came to a halt. There are rounds of happy chatter. No wonder Saturday is everyone's favorite. It has to be. It provides us with everything other days in the week are incapable of: freedom, happiness, and money.

'Starting with Komal.' He flashes me a disgustingly lustful smirk and points at the back cottage where his 'office for official purposes' is. 'Be quick!' He nods and walks to the back of the hall before he disappears behind two shabby wooden doors.

Komal SR. has been my identity for three years. For three years, I have been an orphan, a hobo, putting up on the streets and living at the werewolf's mercy.

From riches to rags. From castle to tavern. From soft, fluffy beds to hard cold floors. From Queen Sarvayoni to Waitress Komal SR. From The Sarp-Samrajya to Cape Comorin, I have come a long way, yet it feels strange every time someone addresses me with that. I am still not used to the harshness in people's tones. Being royalty, I am used to people treating me with the utmost respect.

It takes me a moment to comprehend that he is expecting me to follow him. The piercing eyes are on me. Had I been in the castle, I would have ordered that brat's execution in a snap. If only he had not ruined my life, killed my protector...I would not be subject to such lustful gazes.

'If,'

'What are you going to buy this week, Sarva?' Avika asks with a smile on her face. She speaks 'Sarva' in whispers, looking around to check if anyone is eavesdropping. No one does. No one would. No one cares. It is always like this in Appy Lane.

I frowned at her, taking the maid's whole being in my head. Avika is still charming, happy, and compassionate as she used to be three years back before...the final war. No wonder Mad-Manish has a soft spot for her and...I.

His ugliness has soft spots for every single living creature with a vagina. After all, he has got a reputation to maintain, a family to cherish.

Well, quite a few on that note!

Mad-Manish is passionate about only two things in his life-the Rajbhog, my workplace, and making as many babies as he can. The bald guy with a pouch for a tummy is already serving twenty of his pups back home and another one is due by the end of the month with his third wife.

Population explosion, anyone?

It has been more than a year since I have been working in the Rajbhog and not a single day has passed by since he did not suggest doing 'something' to enhance my prospects.

The audacity! The tolerance!

Dignity is my first precious commodity that was sold before I stepped foot in Cape Comorin. I just wish I could kill even a single one of them. I cannot. Not now. I don't want to be spotted. I would not do anything that'd make the Alpha suspicious that I am alive. I want to take him on the way he did to us: surprise.