She'd Slapped Him

She'd slapped me. My mate, Luna of the Alpha city, daughter of the steel king, philanthropist, diva, and an idol for millions who is known for her soft temperament—chose violence for the first time.

I was shocked, baffled, and slightly offended as I was supposed to be. My eyes were cast on the floor where her stumbling feet were secured perfectly in white stilettos. It travelled up to her perfectly slender legs, small waist, heaving round mounds, her most delicious collarbone, and finally to the pretty frowning face.

Aary was pouting, grinning, and squinting all at the same time. How she managed to do it is beyond me? But somehow, the fire in her eyes staggered me in more than one way.

'Ye...Ye think ye can wo-wolf handle me? Ye, Punk. Ye...' She grabbed me by the tie and pulled me closer. Scratch that, it should be yanked. Yeah, that's what she did. She yanked me closer. Her red inebriated eyes were narrowed infinitesimally as she purred incomprehensible vocabulary under her breath.

Aaradhya has been a spoilt sport ever since I remember—she got detention slips every other day, was once arrested for breaking into the wolf dorms at midnight, was a prankster even the dean was afraid of, and...and there were so many mishaps that I could not count them on fingers. Those were just not enough. She was who she was but she never ever was the violent, and outspoken type. It is what I loved the most about her. There were lines where she drew her limits. She was well-behaved and cultured.

So now, when the rebellious side of her, for the first time in my life, has surfaced; I was as clueless as a pup must be on his first day at the crutch.

Right then, she clearly could not see any of those or maybe she was seeing a lot of those. Her politeness, she just knew what was expected of her, had vanished. Poof! Just like that.

I blinked and blinked and blinked. It took me a good minute to register the domestic violence as I managed to control my breath. It was disastrous. I was so taken aback that the thought that I should be angry at her—for the chaos she had become and for the massacre she had managed to pull off at the terrace—everything was pushed back to the back of my mind.

'Aary,' I whispered slowly. 'You should sleep. We will talk about it later.'

'When?' She hiccuped, falling into fits of giggles again.

'When you wouldn't be trying to strangle the floor, I suppose. Get up. It's not something to kiss.' I yelled exasperated. She was becoming too much to handle.

'Why? My Dear, I love it. It's the finest I have ever seen. Even, your mansion do-does not ha-ve any.'

Silence. I did not come to move a muscle. For some stupid and unfathomable reasons, I felt a shift change in her personality. It was the first time. Something was suspicious.

I watched with painful patience when my mate, the most significant she-wolf of Alpha City, struggled to get to her feet. She burped and yawned before she grinned again.

My! She is the grinning sort.

Then, there was nothing. She stood still, peering outside the window at the vastness of Vampuza. The moon mocked me from the sky. The enormous and infinite stars joined his amusement. I was left to handle the torture on my own.

'Ye know!' Aary slurred in a whisper. 'One day.' She jabbed a finger in the air to make the point. Ahem, not the right one. 'One day.' She repeated. 'One day.' The third time and now it has started to wear me off.

'One day.' Ugh! I'll let it go just this one time.

'One day,'

If she said one day one more time, I'mma would lose it all. I told myself.