6| Sting Energy

'Hurry!' The scurrying footsteps, prompt commands, and yells, panic in the atmosphere, and worrisome face of the jerk who has ruined millions of lives is an amusing sight for me.

As much as I try, I cannot curve my lips downwards. The grin is naturally pestered on my face and true to express the absolute delight my heart thumps with. Happiness floods out of me in visible waves.

Nagini wants to break through the barriers and crawl her way to the top of the hotel. It's desperate for her freedom and proud...of me.

One wicket down! I smirk.

'Move out of the way! Aary! Aary! Wake up! Open your eyes! Aaaryyy!' The jerk jerks his mate's limp body by the shoulder to get a response out of her. None came. None will come!

'WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? WHY IS MY MATE NOT RESPONDING?' Alpha Rudransh snaps at his beta as he gave another violent jerk to an unconscious and visibly swollen Luna.

It's all vivid after that. A scene straight out of an Action/Thriller movie. Alpha's crestfallen expression. Beta's alarmed gestures. The shuffling of feet when the medical team of Taj Mahal saunters inside and the unshakeable hope with sparks of despondency in Rudransh's brown orbs.

It's pictorial. I wish, I had my mobile with me. I would have recorded it and watched it on the loop every morning the first thing and every night before I go to sleep.

The wine glass fallen from her hands spreads the contents on the floor and her swan white dress has patches of it on the front and back. On the brim of the exotic crystal rests the star of tonight, a bee. It's a shame that such masterpieces have to be ruined to execute trifle plans like this one.

The Vina and sitar music in the background slowly fade away as people gather around the royalties forming a tight circle. Everyone has a different expression on their face. Concern, fright, indifference, and uneasiness—nonetheless, tension is thick in the air.

A woman with a lab coat on kneels beside her. She checks the pulse, her orbs, and then the side of her neck where a tiny sting has swollen a vein.

Something has happened to their beloved Luna.

'We have to take her to the hospital.' She nods at the Alpha with a bow.

It is a peculiar culture of werewolves. The dogs respect their Alphas like anything. Alpha's commands become the law of the region. His words are obeyed by the spirit and at the cost of living. They follow a strict hierarchy and cannot tolerate someone trying to break through it.

Even in a democratic country like Cape Comorin, for the designation of Alpha King; only Alphas of different packs are allowed to contest. None even suggested letting a wolf below the rank should participate. At the time of war, it was Alpha King Atharva and Luna Queen Laxmi who were ruling the chair. Atharva and Laxmi are Rudransh's parents and the biggest threat to my life.

I have seen Alpha King Atharva twice—first, when he visited the Palace to negotiate trade dealings amongst the countries and second when the wolves had suggested a peace treaty.

Both the times, he'd brought his mate and Alpha Rudransh's mother, Laxmi with him. The were-woman was kind, very hospitable, and easy to chat with but her mate, Alpha King was a living satan. He never smiled, never talked without frowning, and was adamant as a tree on his terms.

If only he'd agreed to a couple of conditions, the whole war could have been avoided.

I try to shake off the image of that old lewd and cherish my moment of victory. My soul is at peace and joy.