{𝟏}

The cold, eerie dungeons shuddered as she walked through, searching for the one man she needed to see. She turned the corner, her foot slipping on the cold, marble floor, and she quickly regained her balance, quietly grasping the edge of the wall with her fingers, using her bright gray-blue eyes to peek over the side of the wall, her blonde hair falling behind her head. She gathered her silvery blonde hair and tied it into a messy bun, then resumed in searching. When she knew the coast was clear, she tiptoed forward into the row of prisons, looking for the man. 

All she saw were sleeping wizards, their hands bare of a wand. She reached the end of the hallway, and looked into the last cell. Her eyes searched for the shadow of another sleeping man. She was unaware, only looking for one person. 

A creature loomed in the shadows, ready to pounce on any unsuspecting soul it found. She was the first. Using it's padded claws, it silently crept up to the girl, and then attacked.

The girl screamed in fear, falling back as the creature cleverly unlocked the padlock. The creature loomed over her, sensing her fear, and the girl knew this was her end................

"TRISTI!" Tristana's eyelids opened, and she found her brother staring at her from above. 

Tristana screamed once again, and her brother slapped a hand over her mouth. 

"Shh, Mom isn't awake yet." Draco took his hand off Tristi's mouth, and got off her bed, pacing the room. 

"Draco, what's going on?" Tristana asked, glancing around her room as she got up. 

"You started screaming, so I got worried." Draco answered, as he stopped pacing on Tristana's fluffy white rug. He looked at her. "What exactly were you screaming about?" 

Tristana blushed. She never liked sharing her dreams, and Draco was one of them. But with their father in Askaban prison, she felt this one was relevant. 

"I was in a cold prison cell," She started. "And I was searching for dad." 

Draco frowned. He had taken the imprisonment of Lucius Malfoy rather badly. 

"I came to the last cell, and a weird creature pounced on me." Tristana furrowed her eyebrows. "It had like, padded feet, shaggy gray fur....and wings?" 

Draco shook his head. "That dream is relevant, we're visiting dad today." 

Tristi's eyes widened. "Seriously? I thought that was next Saturday!" 

"Nope," Her brother responded, and then he walked over to her pale yellow and white dresser standing under the window that looked out into the Malfoy's huge backyard. He picked up a picture of the Malfoys when Tristana and Draco were young; Lucius and Narcissa were smiling while one child was on their lap in front of the giant oak tree in their front yard. 

Tristana slipped out of bed and walked over to comfort her brother, and she also looked at the picture. Her family had been so happy back then, not a worry in the world. Lord Voldemort had truly ruined their lives, by coming back and their father had to go and support him once again, which had landed him in prison.

"Draco? Tristana?" They heard their mother's voice. "Aunt Bella is here!" 

Draco smiled; he was very fond of Aunt Bellatrix, whereas whenever Bellatrix was involved, Tristana was weary. She was the Dark Lord's biggest supporter, and she had helped tear apart many families. 

Draco placed the picture gingerly back on to Tristana's dresser, then ran out of her room to see Bellatrix. Tristana gritted her teeth and took a deep breath. 

"She's....family." Tristana reminded herself, before turning heel and leaving the room. Bellatrix was standing in the foyer with Narcissa, talking to Draco. She was dressed in a fancy all-black outfit, whereas Narcissa was wearing her green night robe and Draco was wearing his Slytherin pjs. 

Tristana looked over the railing and saw Bellatrix looking around for her. She started walking down the stairs, then let Bellatrix see her as she stopped on the landing. 

"Aunt Bella! I haven't seen you in forever!" Tristana said, faking happiness. Bellatrix smiled. "Hello Tristana! Come on down!" 

Tristana carefully walked down the steps, then stood beside her brother. 

Bellatrix glanced down at what Tristi was wearing. Tristana was wearing her Slytherin pj pants, and a Hufflepuff pj top. 

"Interesting fashion choice." Bellatrix commented. Then she turned to Narcissa. "Cissy, can we talk to Draco in private now?" 

Narcissa nodded. "Tristi, you can go start to eat. We'll be with you in a second." 

Narcissa and Bellatrix lead Draco down into the gloomy basement, and Tristana turned to the dining room. 

Tristana decided to go down into the kitchens and help the house-elves make breakfast. It was only right. 

Tristana was the only one in the Malfoy family who had been down in the kitchen for the past three years. She walked down the second staircase opposite to the one Narcissa, Bellatrix and Draco had gone down. 

After the stairs was a large wooden door with a lock. Tristana pulled out her wand from her back pocket and said quietly, "Accio Kitchen Keys!" 

She waited for a few seconds for the kitchen keys to zoom down from the attic and into her hands. She caught it before it clattered to the ground. She quickly looked around and when she saw nobody was watching, she slipped the key into the lock and turned. 

The door opened with a creak, and Tristana took the key out of the lock and swiftly ran inside, closing the door behind her. 

At least a dozen house elves were busy cooking. 

"Master Tristana!" They all exclaimed, and a few motioned for others to bring over platters filled with food. 

"Remember, Squeaker, it's just Tristana," Tristana said with a smile to the closest house elf. Tristana had already tried to free all the house elves from Malfoy Manor, but the house elves resisted and said they loved working. Tristi didn't want them to be unhappy, so she let them stay, and instead, made sure she treated them like equals instead of servants.

She looked at the few house-elves who were scurrying over with platters of breakfast food. 

"Really, its alright," Tristana said to them. "I've come to help you make breakfast!" 

The house-elves smiled with joy. They loved it when Tristana cooked with them. 

"We're making scrambled eggs with bacon and toast right now," Squeaker said, guiding Tristana to the ovens. 

Tristana had to bend over to be able to walk across the kitchens, because the ceiling was fitted for house-elves.

"Ooh, fun!" Tristana said, as she saw pans of scrambled eggs being cooked on the stoves. "I ca-" 

"TRISTI?!" 

"Oh shoot!" Tristana said, then quickly said to the house-elves, "Sorry, but my mom is calling me and I'm not allowed to be down here so bye!" 

She ran out of the kitchens, locked the door and sighed in relief. She turned around, grinning. 

That was until Aunt Bella was staring at her, her eyebrows raised.

                                      ╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗