{𝟐}

"She was sneaking around the kitchens." 

Tristana's hatred of her aunt grew to elevated levels as she glared at her aunt and mother from her seat in the dining room. Draco, who couldn't care less, was downing his eggs and bacon while Bellatrix and Narcissa were facing Tristana. 

Bellatrix was shaking her head, while Narcissa frowned. 

"What in the world were you doing down there?" Narcissa asked, her arms crossed. Tristana looked everywhere except for her mother's eyes. She finally looked down at her Slytherin pj bottoms, her hands fidgeting uncomfortably. She leaned back against the hard wooden chair, creaking under her weight. 

"I was hungry," Tristana merely responded. 

"You couldn't wait until those mangy house-elves sent up food?" Bellatrix asked. Tristana closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She knew how powerful her aunt was, so she had to keep her emotions in check. 

"No." 

"Hm, wel-" 

"Bella, I'll take care of her, you should go now," Narcissa said, before Bellatrix could make another snarky comment. Narcissa could sense her daughter's rising anger. 

Bellatrix sent a hateful look towards Tristana, and turned around. Before she left, she whispered to Narcissa, "I would watch out for that one, she's trouble," 

Tristana rolled her eyes. Her, trouble? Hah! That was some irony coming out of Bellatrix's mouth. Wasn't she the one who was siding with the Dark Lord to send the wizarding world into havoc so that he could take over? 

Tristana was about to say something, but then thought better of it and shut her mouth. Draco raised one eyebrow at her, but she shook her head and Draco resumed eating.

Once Aunt Bella had left, Narcissa sighed and turned around. "Normally, I would scold you." Narcissa started. "And if your father was here, he would punish you." 

Tristana winced as she remembered her father's sometimes harsh punishments. She knew her father loved her, so nothing such as starvation had ever happened, but when she was caught talking to one of her Hufflepuff friends that her parents had warned her against, her father made her stay away from them, and she had to hang out with her brother and his stupid friends for the longest time ever. 

Luckily, she had explained to her father that she couldn't keep on going to hang out with the Slytherins, and that her friends weren't as bad as they thought. Lucius had agreed, as long as Tristana didn't forget the Malfoy family rule: Don't mess with muggle-borns. 

She had to marry a pureblood. Tristana hated the rule, but her family was going to disown her if she disobeyed. She also had to support the Dark Lord and his followers, and if she said anything against him, her family would disown her. 

"But your father isn't here, and I never have agreed with his punishments." Narcissa said, looking at her daughter in the eyes. "Just please don't do this again, if your father finds out, our Aunt Bella finds out again, you'll be punished severely." 

Tristana looked at her mother in the eyes, and she could see that her mother truly cared about her, and wanted to protect her. So slowly, Tristana nodded. 

"Sorry mother." Tristana said. "I promise it won't happen again."

Narcissa smiled and turned around. "I have to get ourselves ready to visit Askaban. Eat please, Tristana." 

Once Narcissa left, Tristana scooted her chair next to Draco's and found a plate of French Toast on it. 

Draco looked at the food. "Are you hungry? 'Cause if you're not, I am."