-9-

Jungkook gulped as he walked towards her sitting on a garden bench while reading a book. He was holding a white rose in his hand.

She closed her book when he stood in front of her. He stretched the rose towards her. "What?"

"A white rose for you." This time, he looked away to avoid eye contact with her.

"Why?" She tilted her head.

"Because it's white."

"Do you know what white color means?"

"I do! I researched!" He looked at her and shouted with a pout. "It means purity, innocence, perfection, refreshment, simplicity, hope, clarity, precise."

"You searched a lot..." She gently grabbed the stem of the rose carefully and took it from him.

"Hmph!" He nodded with a determination like a small kid. "It also has negative meaning but every color has one."

"You seriously did search." She nodded while staring at the rose, which she was swirling with her fingers. "Why did you give me a rose though?"

She didn't receive an answer and when she looked up again, she saw Jungkook dashing towards the school building.

"I did it!" Jungkook happily jumped on his best friend with an excited hug. His best friend laughed and hugged him back.

"I'm happy for you." His best friend smiled and patted his shoulder.

Jungkook couldn't express how happy his heart was feeling. It felt like he was on cloud nine.