21 | THIS IS THE END

Alright! This is the longest awaited moment in my Wattpad career! It feels like I've been adding to this story since I was a kid! Which I pretty much was. Thank you all so very much for reading my fanfiction! I finally feel like I can close one door so that another can open! As you may know, I struggle with finishing stories, so it's definitely a monumental moment to see the end of this one after a long editing/rewrite journey! It was not easy, but I'm so grateful to have you all here for the ride. You made it worthwhile!

--Now you may proceed!--

WARNING: Please read at your own discretion!

VALERIE'S P.O.V

❖

The sky faded back to normal before our eyes. There was nothing left, nothing but tantalizing silence as the rumbling sounds of the city came to a moment of suspension.

"No..." I breathed, feeling as if every molecule within my form was misplaced. We all stopped and stared into the normal-looking blue sky of New York. I counted in my head as if by chance something would happen, but nothing did.

I could feel it. The way the others felt a sense of sorrow swelling within their chests.

"He's gone," Steve muttered into his earpiece.

"No," I held my breath, "I won't lose anyone else. Not again," I could feel tears flowing down my cheeks as I gazed into the sky. 

"Val! Wait!" I could hear Natasha plead over the coms, but it was too late.

I closed my eyes, suddenly aware of something new brewing within me. My arms sparked, leading to the blue energy collecting between them. It swirled into a small ball, growing even larger as I charged it. 

It must've been, no-It felt like the Tesseract was beaconing me once again like before.

I stood up straighter, while my skin vibrated from the immense amounts of energy growing within the atmosphere. Somehow, the fear among the streets of New York was enough power to charge me. I took a deep breath, consuming it, just as a breach of energy pulsed through my entire body. My suit was practically destroyed. I screamed as the surge expanded from within me. It had been like before, like when the Tesseract opened from a beam of light, except I was opening it. I was reaching for him, from deep within myself.  The pain was indescribable, but I could feel...everything. I screamed from the excruciating pain, crying out for him.