15 |PARTING SUSPENSION

VALERIE'S P.O.V

"I hope to see you again," Logan spoke lowly, his eyes filled with a million different emotions as his eyes were set on me

"I hope to see you again," Logan spoke lowly, his eyes filled with a million different emotions as his eyes were set on me. Seeing him reminded me of what pain I had caused him, what trouble I had dragged him into. It surprised me—the way he brushed it off like every person in his life had gone and hurt him somehow.

Consequently, I knew I would miss him.

In my hands, I carried my suitcase as Logan accompanied me to the door. I was more than ready to return to my normal. Even if that meant having to take on whatever consequences came with that decision. I enjoyed getting away, but the control freak inside of me was dying to be back where the action was.

Winking, I couldn't hold in my smile. "Don't worry, I won't forget about you, Howlett."

"Better not, I'll come looking for you if I don't hear back."

"Wow, someone's clingy," I smirked, enjoying the grimace that appeared on his face.

"Concerned, not clingy." He scrunched up his face, somehow making me laugh even though my brain was crowded by feelings of insufficiency and doubt surrounding my family ties.

"Yeah yeah, whatever you say, clingy."

Logan pulled open the door that led to the main entrance of the building, revealing the send-off party all standing outside talking amongst one another. My mind had been so clouded with surfacing memories that I struggled to shove away the pestering thoughts that my relationship with my father had been completely a lie. Knowing the truth changed everything between us; every single circumstance. I had been dodging his calls since yesterday. Admittedly, I wasn't quite ready to accept all that I had learned.

I gave Logan a look, my nerves eating me away as he urged me to go ahead. I plastered a forced smile on my face as I thanked everyone for their hospitality and one on one lessons from this morning. They'd all gotten the chance to use their powers on me, and set me straight. All ranging from techniques and precautionary measures in situations. They opted to showing me valuable skills that just might come in handy one day. Using my abilities grew easier with their help. It grew simpler through hypothetical trial and error to broaden my strengths.

"It's been a crazy few days, but thank you all for your support and your time. Hope I wasn't too much of a handful!" I rose my voice, just as Bruce and Fury emerged from inside the building carrying their belongings.

"Ohh honey, you're always welcome here. We loved having you," Storm smiled gorgeously, displaying her pretty white teeth.