Chapter 3 Training with a bit of Luck

12771 Words

(Day 3)

Around 530am in the morning, I was back on the western wall preparing for my run.  I was admiring the farmlands and the mountains barely lit up by the horizon.  The smell of the ocean was carried by a gentle wind from the west.   "Someday I will go to the ocean."  A nervous smile curled up on my face while doing morning stretches using the crenellations of the stone wall to loosen my arms and legs.  

A chill rolled up my spine as I felt like I was being watched.  Unaware of the purple eyes staring down at me from babel.  'I swear, I feel like I am always being watched.'   I scratched the back of my head.  "Probably just my imagination. I am still new at doing this every day. It's a bit embarrassing."

"I am glad I have enough things to do for the next two days. Wish I could go to the dungeon but I must respect Goddess's wishes.  Still, why is she going to be away for two days." 

"Oh well, that doesn't mean I can't still train. Better get this run over with before I go to the Hostess of Fertility at 9 am." I finished up and took a deep breath of the fresh morning air.  My eyes shot to the long winding path of the wall before me.   My fists clenched and my eyes filled with determination.

*Woosh*

.

.

.

A few minutes before 9 am, I arrived at the two-story hostess bar in plain black clothes. The hostess was still closed but signs of life were stirring around the building.   The beautiful elven waitress, Ryu was waiting out front dressed in her normal green and white waitress uniform.

"G-good morning Miss Ryu."

"Good morning Mr. Cranel. Come on inside. Momma Mia is waiting." She gestured with her hand to the entrance and proceeded inside with her following.

Mia Grand was standing at the counter already dressed in her blue uniform and apron. "Right on time. That's good. Ready to work, kid."

"Yes, Momma Mia, w-what will you have me doing this morning?"

"First, you will be helping Ryu clean the floors and taking out the trash. Around 10 am we will be training your strength stat with a huge shipment of fish from Melen."  Mia curled her shockingly huge biceps to mock me.

"Eh, I-I am looking forward to it."

"Doubtful kid" Mia's brow raised.

"I actually am."  I tried to stay calm as an annoyed expression formed on the dwarf's face.  "M-my Goddess doesn't want me in the dungeon for the next two days."

"Why?"

 "Punishment for going to the sixth floor and resting here all night."  An embarrassed smirk arose on my reddening face.

"Bit overprotective."  Mia chuckled.  "Though going into the dungeon with your gear in the middle of the night was pretty stupid.  Ha-ha.  Still, what's wrong with spending the night with this clumsy elf."

"Momma please." A nervous Ryu held her hands out looking distressed.

"Whatever Ryu?"  Mia rolled her eyes.  "Show him where the cleaning supplies are located. If you get done early you can do whatever before the 2 pm rush."  

Mia turned around to the kitchen door seeing a few catgirl heads popping out.  "Get you lazy feline asses back in there. I don't care if you don't like water. There are still stacks of dishes leftover from last night." Mia chased after Anya and Chloe back into the kitchen.