Rumors Galore

"Just try to make sure you aren't pictured going on more dates sorry sorry 'dinners' with 'friends'."

I tilt my head and give her a fake smile. "Thanks for the advice but I'll manage just fine don't worry. You should make sure you don't post pictures draped over your exs sorry sorry 'friends'."

Teja's POV:

"Teja calm down."

I pick up my phone off the table and show my manager the headlines on the pap videos. "Calm down how. Do you see this?"

Tejasswi Prakash caught with Karan Kundrra

TejRan Back Together

Tejasswi Prakash going to Karan Kundrra's home

Karan Kundrra Tejasswi Prakash On a Date

TejRan Car Romance

"Car romance?? How? Where? It's literally 30 seconds of our shocked expressions and us turning our faces away from the paps."

She grabs my shoulders and forces me to sit down on the couch. "Teja you know these pap videos have exaggerated headlines. Besides you should've been expecting this after seeing them yesterday."

I force myself to take a deep breath. "Yes, but I didn't think the headlines would go so far. Why can't we issue a statement saying we're just co-stars."

My manager sits on the table in front of me. "Teja you know we can't say anything like that now. We have to work with the pr at the set."

"This doesn't even have to do with them though."

She looks exasperated with me. "Seriously? This involves both you and Karan and whatever you say affects the show. They have to be looped in. You know this."

I know I'm acting like a child but these headlines hit at some part of me. The whole nation saw why we broke and the way we fell apart. After falling apart they had a front-row view to the way we hurt each other. They saw the way I cried alone after every one of our fights. They saw how his every word left a wound. To go from that to these rumors. They'll think I went back to someone who broke me so badly. I'll look weak and stupid and I just... can't. Everyone already made enough assumptions about me. I'm tired of them and just want people to stop deciding who I am. I want to control my own narrative but once again the power's taken away from me.

Seeing me blink back my tears, my manager comes and crouches in front of me. "They're just rumors. We'll figure this out. Come on we have a meeting with the team at the production offices."

The whole way to the office I remind myself that this will be fine but I can't help but read all the web articles that have been published since the morning. Some saying we were spotted outside his house, some saying we never split up, some quoting a "close friend" saying we've rekindled, finally some saying we're working together. Just so much nonsense. Before I realize it we're at the set and are walking to the offices.

We get inside and the pr team, a couple of producers, Karan and his manager are already there.

One of the producers calls out. "Great you both are here. We were just waiting for you."

The only two seats left are the ones next to Karan. I go to take the seat further away from him but my manager beats me to it. As I sit down next to him, he turns to me and says "Hi." Without looking at him I mumble out hi. I know I'm being cold towards him but I can't help but blame him. If only he didn't make me get in the car. I know it's not fair to blame him but that's the best option I have right now.

"To be transparent with both of you, we did call the paparazzi yesterday but obviously we did not realize this would happen. We thought Teja you would be long gone and they'd catch Karan as he was leaving which would start the rumors about who the co-star is. We'd keep the suspense until the poster release when we would reveal the co-star is Teja, which would make fans go crazy. Unfortunately, some places have already picked up on the fact that you're co-stars."