First Dates and Promises

"You're the person I've dreamed of and everything I didn't know I needed. Our story has so much more to it and thank you for not giving up on me."

Teja's POV:

It's weird finally saying everything I've felt but there's an odd relief in me. For so long I'd kept all these feelings inside of me and suppressed them by thinking I was over-analyzing but if we actually want a future, all that had to be said.

I look into his eyes and become lost in his words. He's saying what I want to hear and his glassy eyes full of emotion convince me he means every word. Holding his hand I decide it's finally time for me to take a leap of faith. We owe it to ourselves to try again and maybe this risk will prove to be worth it.

Before I can say anything he says, "I don't think I said it yet but I'm so sorry for the way I've hurt you. I wish I could go back and change the way I reacted but I can't. I know I messed up but I won't do it again. Just give me a chance to show you."

I take a deep breath and hold his hand tighter. "Karan it wasn't all your fault. I didn't do a good job of communicating what was troubling me and then I held that against you. We both made mistakes but we don't have to make them again. I want us to try again but I want to keep it slow and private for a while. I know you feel ready to have our relationship be public but I want us to take this time slower and work on us first."

He slides his hands down to my waist and pulls me in against his body. "We'll take this at whatever pace you're comfortable with. If you feel like I'm putting too much pressure on you, tell me. I'll work on talking about what I'm thinking instead of keeping it all-"

I become lost in his sweet words and can't help myself from putting my hands behind his neck and dragging him down until his lips met mine. He lets out a gasp of surprise but follows my lead into the kiss. Our last kiss was full of anger and hurt but this one is softer and full of promises. He holds onto me tighter as if he's scared to let go and we lose ourselves to this moment. Before we can get carried away, we break apart at the sound of a knock on the door. A voice calls out "Teja ma'am your driver is here."

I clear my throat as my cheeks turn bright red. I lean my head against Karan's chest avoiding the grin on his face. "I'll be out in a minute."

"I think that was the perfect way to start over."

I roll my eyes and let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry I just don't know what came over me-"

He puts his finger over my lip cutting my sentence off. "Don't apologize. Feel free to do that whenever you want."

With my blush continuing to grow, I teasingly say, "Okay I'll keep that in mind." Before he can reply, I look at the clock and realize how late its become. I gather my things into my purse and tell him, "I don't want to keep the driver waiting too long. Is your car here?"

"He should be here. Can I walk you to the car?"

I don't turn to look at him because I know his expression will fall at my words. "You haven't done that before and I don't think we should start that now. You know the crew will start talking and it won't be too long before there are rumors in the media."

"Don't worry about it Teja. I get it. Anyways I should leave now. Don't want any rumors about us being together for too long or leaving your vanity together."

He walks up to me and presses a kiss on my forehead while whispering good night. Before he can leave the vanity, I grab his wrist to stop him.

"Karan don't be like this."

He turns around and furrows his eyebrows. "Like what?"

I tilt my head at him. "You know what I mean. I just want to keep the media away from our relationship for a while."