author's note

Well, hello! 

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you for finishing Chase

I've never written anything quite like it before: in terms of structure (those flashbacks forced me to actually plan the whole story, which I normally don't do) and the content. I usually write much more YA-orientated works, and have dabbled in fantasy as well. But this was a lot trickier. It's a strange point in your life when you're not completely an adult and yet you're by no means a young adult either. You need to make your own way in the world and work through different versions of yourself before you figure out who you really are. 

I think the main question that I asked when approaching this story was: what would you do if you were given that second chance? That second chance to rectify things. To find out how the people you loved and lost contact with are doing. The second chance to say things you didn't get to say the first time around. You don't always get that lucky. 

But Chase does. And this story is about how he deals with that. 

I really love Chase Collins as a character. I think he's probably one of my favourites ever to be created in my mind. In featherlight, he was this Golden Boy who everyone thought was perfect and untroubled by anything whatsoever- even though Ashton realizes that's not the case. And I am so glad I gave him a voice in this novella and was able to delve more into his story. I hope you have enjoyed it too. 

Love you lots, 

Iz xxx 

And if you're interested in reading the story that came before this, here it is: 

Summary:

I send him a string of paper airplanes: You're the sum of all tomorrows. And I'll say that tomorrow. And the day after. And every single day forever.

___

"Please," I pray, "don't let her fly away."

___

Katherine Greene has a secret. She's anorexic, and she's slowly losing control. When she accidentally makes baseball player Ashton McCoy suspicious, she is torn between keeping the secret....and finally letting someone in.